Contribute
Register

Unified AppleIntelFramebufferCapri for Ivy ProBooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this info about VRAM on macrumors forum because i wanted to test it on the real Macs too and it works fine for them too. Here is a response i found specially useful:
Nice little tweak here. Works wonders when you are doing HD video editing. I have a MacBook Pro 13 (Mid-2012) and I followed you directions. Worked good for the 1024MB. I'm a little adventurous so I doubled that and changed it to 2048 (the number is 80). Since I have 16GB RAM in my MacBook, I did't think it would affect the performance too much. That is however, probably the MAX you are going to want to do. At least that was the max in my MacBook. Tried pushing it further to 3GB (3072GB or 120). Yup, thought I almost bricked my MacBook. I had to go into recovery and recover my MacBook from TimeMachine to get it to boot back up. Also, I took geek bench scores for 1024 and 2048 and the 2048 actually reduces the overall performance of the computer because it takes away from the physical RAM the computer uses and allocates it to virtual RAM. However, I do a lot of HD video conversion with Handbrake and it reduced the conversion time by a few HOURS with 2048. Thanks!
So 2GB seems to work too and Handbrake might be the tool for testing we were looking for...
Of course he messed up with the 3GB stuff, you can't enter 3 digits in that script and what he should have entered is C0 anyways.

Just wanted to post this here if someone else is testing this out.

Would be nice if someone would try the VRAM script on a desktop machine too. To test the universality of this tweak.

Thx

Some interesting development in the chameleon Boot loader for Intel HD4000.

I still have to test it... basically it inject the AAPL,ig-platform-id without the DSDT mood and enables you to select the AAPL,ig-platform-id from the org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

If you try it, give some feed back at the developers here.

Some interesting development in the chameleon Boot loader for Intel HD4000.

I still have to test it... basically it inject the AAPL,ig-platform-id without the DSDT mood and enables you to select the AAPL,ig-platform-id from the org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

If you try it, give some feed back at the developers here.

I've just tested it. I have already installed Enoch 2191, so I simply added the HD4K-id key to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, removed the AAPL,ig-platform-id​ injection from my DSDT, then restarted. Works fine for me with values 5 (01620005) and 10 (0166000a).

P.S. I'm talking about my desktop.

Edit: I've tested tonight the HDAEnabler.dylib module for Enoch: added the file to /Extra/modules, added the following key

Code:
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>03000000</string>

to /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist, removed my patched DSDT and restarted. Now my system works perfectly only with the patched AppleHDA.kext for ALC892 from MultiBeast and I have working HDMI audio. I wonder if our ProBooks can use some of this...

I've just tested it. I have already installed Enoch 2191, so I simply added the HD4K-id key to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, removed the AAPL,ig-platform-id​ injection from my DSDT, then restarted. Works fine for me with values 5 (01620005) and 10 (0166000a)....
Maybe i am doing something wrong, but i was unable to boot after I removed the patched GPU part from the DSDT...

I was also wondering if this methods are more or less efficient then a DSDT patch, more I think about it and less I am sure of it.

philip_petev, can you do me a favor and try the VRAM script on your desktop, specially with 0166000a (but you can try with 01620005 also) since i have heard from people with Mac Minis that it doesn't change the amount of VRAM for them, while it works on Macbook Pros.

BTW: 0166000B should work for you too, since it seems identical to the 0166000A ;)

philip_petev, can you do me a favor and try the VRAM script on your desktop, specially with 0166000a (but you can try with 01620005 also) since i have heard from people with Mac Minis that it doesn't change the amount of VRAM for them, while it works on Macbook Pros.

Which one?

I've just tested it. I have already installed Enoch 2191, so I simply added the HD4K-id key to org.chameleon.Boot.plist, removed the AAPL,ig-platform-id​ injection from my DSDT, then restarted. Works fine for me with values 5 (01620005) and 10 (0166000a).

P.S. I'm talking about my desktop.

Edit: I've tested tonight the HDAEnabler.dylib module for Enoch: added the file to /Extra/modules, added the following key

Code:
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>03000000</string>

to /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist, removed my patched DSDT and restarted. Now my system works perfectly only with the patched AppleHDA.kext for ALC892 from MultiBeast and I have working HDMI audio. I wonder if our ProBooks can use some of this...

Interesting.. Is this better than the DSDT injection? If yes, why (how)?

Thanks!

Interesting.. Is this better than the DSDT injection? If yes, why (how)?

Thanks!

Not really better, just a different way to do the same thing.

If you can use only injection via boot loader and run with stock DSDT then it might be "better" since you don't have to worry about the stock DSDT changing (hardware upgrades, BIOS upgrades, etc) and re-patching the DSDT post-upgrade. For our ProBooks... not really an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back