Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
I have followed the latest unibeast guide, http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html, to install mountain lion on any Intel supported hardware and I am having some issues getting to the installer after boot up from bootable usb, i get a black screen and my display is disconnected.

Specs:
Gigabyte x79 UD3 Motherboard - UEFI Dual Bios
Intel i7 3820
NVIDIA GTX 670
No crazy HDD configuration just one 1 TB 7200 rpm drive

I have tried to boot with the suggested options: GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 -v -x in many combinations. None have worked so far. I have tried to add Legacy USB support for the usb during unibeast setup which used a retail copy of mountain lion, that has not worked, I have disconnected all usb 3.0 devices, still doesn't work, reset my bios to factory defaults while making sure AHCI is set instead of IDE for HDD, still doesnt work.

As you can probably tell I am a little frustrated by this and would love to get some help from anyone willing to help.

Did you boot from a USB 2.0 port?
An install from the USB 3.0 port gives a black screen.

Yes i tried installing from a USB 2.0 port without any USB 3.0 port connected to. I dont know if USB 3.0 connectivity cause black screens but I read someone did have problems with usb 3.0 during installation so i didnt take any chances.

You're using a Sandy Bridge CPU. Since you didn't give us many details, can you post the link to the guide you used?
One tip is to disable any VT-x (INtel CPU Virtualization Extensions) options in your BIOS.

I set my bios to factory optimized defaults which has VT-x disabled as well as all other virtualization.

Do you get any output from the -v switch before screen goes blank?

Yes - I guess the main part of the output would be one of the last lines "MAC Framework successfully initialized" - then it hangs or the display goes out

Hmm..have you tried booting w/o display connected, i.e., disconnect after UniBeast options are set. I remember I had a similar problem which I thought was due to me corrupting the system - Even re-installed ML but had same problem. Turns out I didn't seat the DVI properly after opening up the case! It was connected enough to get to the boot loader, but after ML reconfigured to 1920x1080 it went blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back