Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE HELP ME, AFTER I FOLLOW YOUR INTRODUCTION CREATE BOOTABLE USB DRIVER USING UNIBEAST (I did 2 times) the same problem.
I TRIED TO BOOT. IT SHOW PROBLEM "can't find"

ANY MISSING FROM THE INTRODUCTION ON TOP?

always restart i cant boot it ?!?!?

Amazing... I had built a hackintosh under 10.6, updating has been piece of cake thanks to you.

This is awesome, thank you again!!!!

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I support the USB 2.0 vs 3.0 on a Gigabyte x58 UD7A board, could not get to the installer screen on a USB3 port.

It also requires that I used the "GraphicsEnabler=no", and I add to that line "-x" safe mode seems to get to the installer more reliably. I do use a NVIDIA EVGA GTX 670 card.

=======================================

However, I cant seem to get the Mac installer to see my SSD drive, when it asks were to install OSX my choices are blank, no hard drives listed.

I have tried the default intel ICH10 SATA slot zero and one, tried the SATA Marvell 9128 chip slot and the JMicron362 slots, I tried a few different cables.

I tried two SSD's in all of the slots above, the first is a brand new blank Samsung 256GB SSD, unformated,and the MOB sees it during start up. I also tried a Crucial C300 older 60GB drive, it is seen in the MOB bios start up and Camelion sees it as well since it has a windos installation on it, and camelion gives the option to boot windows (I dont use it obviously, I boot from the Unibeast USB)

No other cards installed. Video is in first PcIE slot.

I made sure the MOB BIOS is set to AHCI in all cases.

Any ideas?

I know this is older thread but it may help someone. I would try installing to a HDD internal or usb external HDD then use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the installation to your SSD. I have used this method when the installer cannot see the drive in disk utility.

I wrote a comment on this forum a month ago about my problem with the installation of Lion in to my new laptop !! I am really surprised that such a big forum like this dont hav any reply or any answer for me !! My dell N5050 suppose to be mostly compatible with Macbook pro 8.1 !! but there is some difficulty with installation !! I asked for help to Mr. tony and Mr. Macman !! and they didn evn care bout it !! Isnt it really easy for them to give it a go !!??

I wrote a comment on this forum a month ago about my problem with the installation of Lion in to my new laptop !! I am really surprised that such a big forum like this dont hav any reply or any answer for me !! My dell N5050 suppose to be mostly compatible with Macbook pro 8.1 !! but there is some difficulty with installation !! I asked for help to Mr. tony and Mr. Macman !! and they didn evn care bout it !! Isnt it really easy for them to give it a go !!??
Did you bother to post in http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-laptop-support/?

i have done these step but when i click to instal from usb and it boots i get stuck on a constant apple logo with the spinning logo i have no additional graphics card installed any ideas?

i have done these step but when i click to instal from usb and it boots i get stuck on a constant apple logo with the spinning logo i have no additional graphics card installed any ideas?
Post your hardware configuration so everyone can know what you are installing on and can possibly help you.

It's hard to help when we have no clue what you have.

hey guys, sorry i'm really really confused... i have my usb stick with the unibeast bootable mountain lion from steps one and two. now i need to load it on my computer but do i need
10.6 Snow Leopard Retail DVD
to s
et the BIOS or UEFI to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode?

one more thing, i just have a thunderbolt display. nothing is showing up on my screen. not sure if anyones had the same problem? do i need a different display or did i build something wrong?!

Post your hardware configuration so everyone can know what you are installing on and can possibly help you. It's hard to help when we have no clue what you have.
1x Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer 12x BD-R, x8 DVD±DL x16 DVD±R x6 DVD±RW SATA Black OEM1x 1TB Western Digital WD10EZRX Caviar Green, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, IntelliPower, 64MB Cache, 8ms1x CiT Shade All Black micro-ATX Case with 500W 120mm Fan Black PSU Mesh Design1x Intel Core i5 2400, S1155, Sdy Bridge, Quad, 3.1GHz, HD2000 IGP 850Mhz, 6MB Cache, 95W, Retail 1x Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H, Intel Z77, S 1155, DDR3, SATA 6Gb/s, SATA RAID, PCIe 3.0, D-Sub/ DVI/ HDMI, Micro ATX2x 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 XMS3, PC3-12800 (1600), Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 9-9-9-24, 1.65V I am trying to make the boot USB from a late 2008 unibody MacBook running mountain lion cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back