Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
still waiting for root device error on verbose mode cant get to the installer screen any ideas?

Created my usb drive as per the instructions, booted to SSD drive just fine, then tried to install Multibeast and all hell broke loose. on the boot from the ssd drive I get the apple logo then I get a bunch of text, which looks like a verbose setting, then it says to reboot, well, rebooting doesnt help. I tried to reinstall OS from the USB drive, but I got the same error when I tried to boot from the SSD drive. Don't know what to do at this point. Can't boot to the desktop...any help would be appreciated.

First Thank You All! Great work! I ordered all the gear through your links to build a CustoMac. When I try to buy and download ML on my 2006 MacBook Pro 10.6.8, Apple says nogo, any clever work arounds? Thanks in advance and regards.
Fotoguy

I'm stuck on trying to open UniBeast. I'm trying to open it on my friends computer that is already running OSX Mountain Lion and it keeps on refusing to open because it's from an unidentified publisher.

Can you make ANYTHING without having to purchase anything? -.- It gets boring

No matter what I do, I cannot get this to work. I am running a very stable 10.6.8 hackintosh. My machine is an ASUS p6t motherboard. i7 processor. 12 gigs of ram. nvidia quadroFX 580 video card (which shows up in profiler in 10.6.8). Heck, even my LG Blu ray burner works.

I just can't get the installer to boot. I've tried 3 different brands of USB sticks. I have bought my own copy of ML. WHere do I put ML? In my applications folder? I can get to the boot screen. I select the USB thumb drive to boot from. The apple logo comes up and it just sticks there, then reboots. Sometimes it just stays black.

Does the answer lie in my video card. I know it's not hte most common...I got it to run AVID on my windows 7 drive. If I need to get a new video card, what is one of the most compatable with ML?

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I believe IDE HD are not compatible with ML

Hi i dont know wath is wrong.

the pc don´t read de usb. why is that?.

i mean i cant re boot from the usb.

Trying to figure out Boot from SSD and Win 7 Dual Boot

I'm a little confused on 2 fronts. Any help you guys can offer would be appreciated. I went through the steps of installation, except Multibeast (because I needed to look up the settings). The machine does not boot from the hard drive on its own, I have to boot to the SSD using the USB stick. I don't know if Multibeast will fix this and I'm not sure if I need to use Chimera or iBoot to fix the booting.

Second, my ultimate goal is to get to a dual boot with Win 7 on the same SSD. The guide from Going Bald seems like it may be too far out of date to follow. I've seen posts that indicate I have to install Win 7 first and then reinstall Mountain Lion, but the instructions above call for formatting the SSD. Thus I'm not sure how to go about this setup with dual boot on the same SSD in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back