Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Edit: I should Probably ask this now. I plan on have a GPU (GTX 680) on my build. Should I have the GPU installed during OSX installation or just go with the integrated card then install the GPU?

took a few minutes via google to find out, that the GTX 600 series, especially gtx 680 <should> work out of the box.
you probably want to install it before launching 10.9. installation. in case it's not working during installation, then use intern hd graphics until finishing the installation.

When Mountain Lion came out, the 68XX cards were having serious issues. If your CPU didn't have internal graphics you had to swap in a different graphics card. Anyone know if that's still the case?
Nope when I first tried mine i was having a lot of trouble but I am now posting this from my new Hackintosh:thumbup::D It seems the graphics problems have been fixed before with mountain lion i went through 3 graphics cards and still couldn't get it to work. Good Luck!

Of these 2 motherboards, which is the newest and which is the best for a Hackintosh with Mavericks?

GA-Z87X-UD4H or GA-Z87X-UD3H

I do not plan to overclock.
Those two boards are nearly identical. The UD4H has better power management/delivery system. As far as ports/outputs: they are the same. Ones red (UD4H) and one is blue (UD3H).

Just downloaded Mavericks and Unibeast 3.0.0 and get "Installation Failed" after about 2 minutes of writing to my USB thumb drive.. Any ideas? Nothing has been modified and I'm following the instructions to the letter.. Thanks..

Are you sure you're using a USB Flash Drive that is 8GB or more?
Because I tried UniBeast two times with two different flash drives that were 3GB and 5.98GB.

I'm having issues with the new Unibeast 3.0.0 Update and OSX Mavericks. I partitioned and formatted the 8gb flash drive following all instructions, to 1 MBR partition in OSX Extended Journaled, and then Unibeast hangs on "Running Package Scripts". Mavericks is in my Applications folder as always, but Unibeast seems unable to create the drive. It's been running for over 20 minutes now on my i7 3770K and it still says "About a minute" left.

This is normal!! It will complete even 30 minutes passed. Wait for completion !!!

Wow, really thorough, I love this site always have, nice and tidy.

You are a god!!!! *\(^o^)/*

Just a reminder- we've switched up the default boot flags to GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes. You may need to use alternate flags at the boot screen.
'

yes! for nubies like me this means that you have to type the correct value in at the boot screen when you get the little marvericks icon for your boot stick. as soon as you start typing, you should see the text at the bottom of the screen under your usb and hard drive icons.

Very good job. its amazing. thank you very much.

It works full with my radeon hd 7870 wow!!! Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back