Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Just downloaded Mavericks and Unibeast 3.0.0 and get "Installation Failed" after about 2 minutes of writing to my USB thumb drive.. Any ideas? Nothing has been modified and I'm following the instructions to the letter.. Thanks..

Had tried over 5 hours with no luck myself. I format my thumb drive with GUID instead of MBR and that works for me. Good luck.

What is a DSDT and do I need it for my hacintosh?

Thank you very much! Worked perfectly for my Z68 extreme3 gen3 + 2600k :)

*Followed the steps and works now , but Need to get the HDMI Audio and Wifi on P8H67-I Deluxe v.B3 , Can you help me.
Graphics Resolution now is bit blurry . No DSDT. Just selected with Realtex81xx and USB3.0 and SATA from the multibeast.

Thanks guys! got my system up and running with this guide, I used differnt hardware but it was still easy.

Try downloading the Mavericks installer again from the store then it will work, I had the same problem.

Good luck!

I had this problem too. I resolved it by trying several things:
* New download of Mavericks (must be applications folder)
* I moved UniBeast to the applications folder

However, the best innovation I came up with is just a way to see progress so I could tell if things work working or were stalled. To do this you can use the disk utility and refresh from time to time (close and open the utility). Also in older versions of OSX you can look at specific drive usage under the activity monitor. Finally you could use the "About Mac" under the apple icon and select more info and then storage. With any of these methods you want to see the USB drive filling up with data. If it looks like it is filling up than you should just wait. If it looks dead than you might want to try something else.

Basically the last minute for me took 30 minutes when it worked correctly. I tried 3 times. It writes over 6GB of data. You can use one of the tools above and make sure that the USB drive is filling up. I did not see any progress on the UniBeast progress bar for that last "minute" until it was done. Just knowing what is going on really helped me get it working and relieved my frustration.

Thanks guys!!!​

Works!! Got everything working fine without having to buy any specific network card.
My Hp Probook 4330s run perfect with mavericks 10.9 :)

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

REALY WORKED FOR ME!!! I have GTX470

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back