Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, want to thank everyone in this forum for your hard work and i also want to ask, when you boot for the first time with help of USB to run MultiBeast, what if you have a working ethernet ? do you still have to select it in MultiBeast ? what is the difference between the lnx2mac's, official realtek driver and Mieze's 'cause we have both options in Multibeast and also read about the third one, ( for my case 8111 ), thanks in advance for your help, install went sooo smooth, enjoying my new Haswell build : )

I donated!!

Got audio and Ethernet to work as well. Thank you!!

mobo: GA-H87N-WIFI (swapped w/ DW1515)
CPU: i5-4570 w/ stock fan
SSD: ADATA 128 GB
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8 GB, 1 stix
power supply: Corsair CX430 modular
case: Rosewill FBM-01, super quiet

Thx for your guide
EP45-UD3R Running, funny think was that I was not more able to boot from a USB drive so have used a SATA HDD and installed the HDD with UNIBEAST.

Next problem was a blank black screen after booting so used these commands and all worked to get the installer. My GFX Nvidia 9700

GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

Multibeast with the DSDT and the Audio driver ALC855/889a and I am now happy with my multiscreen.

Has anyone tried this UniBeast on a Dell XPS 8700?

Installer Fails to install Maverick! Never mind followed the troubleshooting! Removed all downloads and volumes and downloaded it again.
It seems to work now!

Running Smoothly on my MSI Z68A-GD90 G3 - Intel Core i7 2600K 3,39Ghz OC 4,5 - MSI Radeon R6870 HAWK 1GB DDR 5 - 16Gb Corsair. Fresh install on Sprate Drive Hitachi 500gb, while Samsung SSD 256Gb still ML on it.

But not never success upgrade from 10.8.5, can anyone help how to do that?

Nice job! I just wished that the progress counter of unibeast would be fixed

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Let me tell you about my greatest update experience ever:

1. Prepared Unibeast USB
2. Bootet USB, install over my working ML installation (GA-G31M-S2L + NV8400GT)
3. Finished. No Multibeast, no bootloader necessary, it just boots and works. Live can be so easy. :eek:)

The only fault: iMessage doesn't work any longer. I don't care about it.

Updated three of mine from Lion to Mavericks, skipping ML. It took some effort as I did not do fresh installs, but now they work great. Here is my report (using the User DSDT method):

1. GA-P35-DS3R, Q6600, 8GB, ATI Radeon 4870
- initially, I was not able to boot into UniBeast, regardless of the boot flags I tried
- copying DSDT.aml to the hidden /Extra folder of the UniBeast USB drive helped
- I now use these flags: GraphicsEnabler=Yes, IGPEnabler=No, npci=0x2000 and PCIRootUID=1
- Audio -> Without DSDT -> ALC885/889a works
- MultiBeast 6.0.0 install failed when first tried; I had to remove several .kext packages from /System/Library/Extensions for it to work.
- Lesson learned: it makes sense to rename or remove the existing /System/Library/Extensions folder BEFORE attempting the upgrade.

2. GA-EP35-DS3L, Q6600, 8GB, ATI Radeon 6870
- no issues booting into UniBeast
- it's fine to have GraphicsEnabler=No
- Audio -> Without DSDT -> ALC888 Current v100302 did NOT work
- Audio -> Without DSDT -> ALC888 Legacy v10020 works
- MultiBeast 6.0.0 install failed at first; I had to remove several .kext packages from /System/Library/Extensions for it to work.
- Lesson learned: it makes sense to rename or remove the existing /System/Library/Extensions folder BEFORE attempting the upgrade.

3. GA-EP43-UD3L, Q9300, 6GB, ATI Radeon 4870
- initially, I was not able to boot into UniBeast, regardless of the boot flags I tried
- copying DSDT.aml to the hidden /Extra folder of the UniBeast USB drive helped
- I now use these flags: GraphicsEnabler=Yes, IGPEnabler=No, npci=0x2000 and PCIRootUID=1
- Audio -> Without DSDT -> ALC888 Legacy v10020 works
- renamed /System/Library/Extensions before starting the Mavericks install, so everything went smoothly!

Thanks for the excellent tools!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back