Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success with:
GA-P55A-UD3 F11 / NVIDIA GT430 / Intel Core i7

- I used "GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1" to boot from USB pen drive
- I placed DSDT.aml in Extra folder in the pen drive (to avoid mouse problem)
- iMessage and Sleep, not working

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

this works for me on my EX58-UD3R > GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=0
leave the rest out.

GA-EX58, i7, SSD

Thanks. It turned out that my BIOS had reset the HDD to IDE for some mysterious reason. Should have checked.:oops:
Mavericks is installing as we speak I used the following flags:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1 darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 -x -v.

Not sure npci or -x are necessary, but GE, PCIR and darkwake most definitely helped.

Next step: MultiBeast. Did you use DSDT?

I have that same processor and it ended up taking about an hr to make the drive. If you check the free space you can tell if its still working.

The problem I have run into is that when it reboots after running the usb drive and doing the initial install, it stalls out when rebooting from the usb and loading my Mavericks drive and starts loading, and then stalls trying to mount my windows install drives. Any advise, other than taking the drives out?

Just be patient since the OS X 10.9 Mavericks installation file is quite big 5.3 Gigs and it takes a while to copy over the package files. It took me 25 min and it finished. It seems as if the installation is lagging or frozen but it isn't, just check your USB disk every minute or so and you will see the free space will decrease (meaning the files is copying to your disk...). So just give it time to finish.

All good Tony! Bluetooth kexts have changed somewhat, but everything else works great OOB :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 2.30.42 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-27 at 2.30.42 pm.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 172

Thank's a lot. It works perfectly. Updated from SL.

To reach installer, I needed to type (even having DSTD in the Extra Folder): GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I had problems with my BT dongle (apple module A1114) after sleep. I activated boot options:
Generate CPU States=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
UseKernelCache=Yes
IGPEnabler=No

Now it seems to function without problems.

Cheers - Klaus
-----
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 i7-870 Gigabyte GF 9800GT

I love you guys thanks

Any additional steps if doing a Mavericks installation on a dual boot system? Currently running Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and Windows 7 on separate solid state hard drives on a GA-G77X-UD5H motherboard, i7-3770.
You may need to add boot0md from chameleon wizard if you've got multiple os's on separate drives in your rig.

GA-Z77X-UP7 (with ALC898 HD audio)
32GB RAM
Core i7-3770k
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
Pioneer BD208 15x BDRW

I had a functioning 10.8.4 build, graphics, audio, wireless, Bluetooth, etc. I've never gotten sleep to function, but I figured that was a quirk of the build.
I took care of a "safety-net" Time Machine backup and downloaded the requisit files, built a new UniBeast 3.0 flash drive, and ran the install (which went as smooth as silk).*
After the build I ran the new MultiBeast, which took me a bit by surprise with the new layout. In the past I have had some issues, so I take a minimalist approach, and therefore didn't use one of the "cookie cutter" options. I simply used the Non-DSDT audio driver, FakeSMC and utilities, and the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. (I followed TonyMac's guide for putting all your boot files on your EFI partition, so just used a new Chameleon Wizard to update the boot loader.)

The point I'm getting to here is that not only is Mavericks pretty, fast, cool, and all that (not to mention FREE), but this is the first time in the 2 or 3 years I've been building Hackintoshes that sleep finally works flawlessly! Color me HAPPY!

Thank you, TonyMac and crew, for having such phenomenal resources available to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back