Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just upgraded from OSX 10.8.5 to 10.9! Everything went smooth, even sleep mode works now!

works great , drivers work right out of the box for amd 7970.

I updated my reliable Sandy Bridge build (GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7 3.4 gHz, Radeon 6870, Apple A1181 bluetooth module) tonight. I have a fusion drive setup, but the upgrade mostly went as expected. I cloned my home folder and non-app store apps, plus mail, to a functioning OSX bootable HD that I have in my build for emergencies. Then turned off Time Machine backups and proceeded with according to the Mavericks install guide. I did a "dirty" install, which means I did not reformat my drives and all of that, just selected my fusion drive and let the installation run. After installation, ran multibeast to install audio, 1080p setting, SDST, and Mac Mini 6,2 profile. Final step, as usual, was to extract files boot, boot1h, and boot0 from Chimera and write them to my fusion drive helper partitions (instructions from NeilHarts excellent Fusion Drive guide - Thanks again Neil!!). After that, it's all working well.

This time, no problems with my Radeon 6870. Sleep is working, audio is good. LOVE the new dual monitor capability in Mavericks...its about time.

Thanks to the TonyMac team for the installation utilities and great advice.

Thanks gang, much appreciated! Great work with Mavericks.
UniBeast worked perfectly.
MultiBeast appears to have worked perfectly.
Was unable to reach install GUI from IGP (I have an i5-3570 HD2500).
Reached install GUI with GTX 760 installed/connected and IGP settings in BIOS on auto.
Performed an upgrade as I did not wish to reinstall apps or data.
Front-panel USB3 ports still non-functional (same as with 10.8.5 ML) but that is a minor inconvenience.

hi everyone, can i upgrade from the app store? i don't want to lose all of my data and have to reinstall all apps, etc. thanks is advance, :).

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

hi everyone, can i upgrade from the app store? i don't want to lose all of my data and have to reinstall all apps, etc. thanks is advance, :).

You can perform the installation over your existing installation. If you are worried about losing data or having an updated installation that you are unable to boot into then consider creating a clone of your SSD/HDD onto a second drive and apply the update to it first to see if everything goes smoothly. If you have problems then you still have an installation that you are able to boot into and work from.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/107766-how-do-software-updates-best-practices.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/173-backup-solutions-your-mac-customac.html

Adrian B

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Well i went the clean install route as all my files are on other drives.
It went very smoothly with no issues as all. Used no DSDT even though I have a one and installed sound,network and some other things specific to the board like the power management thing and the FakeSMC stuff.
I do see one thing that is not a big deal but makes a diff to me.
The AMD Radeon card I have shows as AMD Radeon 6XXX anyone know how to correct that.
I saved the Multibeast file as ensure I can reload with zero issues.

Thanks for this excellent guide

The method mentioned above for installing mavericks worked butter smooth.
Enjoying mavericks.
My configuration
CPU- core i5 3570
hdd- WD 1 TB
Ram - corsair 16 gb
motherboard - GA-H77N-Wifi

- - - Updated - - -

The method mentioned above for installing mavericks worked butter smooth.
Enjoying mavericks.
My configuration
CPU- core i5 3570
hdd- WD 1 TB
Ram - corsair 16 gb
motherboard - GA-H77N-Wifi

I have to say that I am impressed. Previous incarnations of the installation procedures always required fiddling around with Multibeast et al to get the job done. In my case, I took a 10.8.4 Mountain Lion installation, did the upgrade to 10.8.5 and found missing audio. I tried some stuff to fix this but no luck. I noticed that this procedure allowed you to upgrade from a number of legacy environments so I took the plunge.
I created two cloned drives of the working installation and followed this procedure EXACTLY and, it worked EXACTLY as stated, no fiddling, no fuss.....It just worked.
Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back