Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!UniBeast changes vanilla installation or it is untouched after boot?

Just wanted to thank the author(s) for putting together such a wonderful and easy-to-follow guide, including helper files.

I have been successful in installing Mavericks on an ASRock Z68 Pro3 motherboard with an Intel i7 Processor and GTX 650 graphics card. I did have some trouble at first with sound and PS2 controller (I'm using an older KVM switch), but I worked through them with the help of Google and some of the many helpful posters on the internet.

One thing I did want to mention here is that at first I had no luck at all getting the Flash Drive with the Mavericks installer to boot up. In fact, after fussing with it I went to another installation guide only to get the same result -- boot up flashed a mac apple screen for just a second and then rebooted the machine every time.

Finally, I found the problem, and then returned to this guide to finish up the install. I'm sorry if the solution should have been obvious, but it just wasn't to me:

In my Bios, I had been cruising along just fine with Windows 7 with a setting for "No-Execute Memory Protection" of "disabled". Even though I had not found any guidance on this, I just randomly changed it to "enabled", and then the Flash Drive with the Mavericks Installer booted up just fine.

As I say, maybe it should have been obvious, but perhaps someone else who also overlooks this can benefit from this post.

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Just downloaded Mavericks and Unibeast 3.0.0 and get "Installation Failed" after about 2 minutes of writing to my USB thumb drive.. Any ideas? Nothing has been modified and I'm following the instructions to the letter.. Thanks..

Did you allow apps downloaded from "Anywhere" in Security & Privacy?

Did you allow apps downloaded from "Anywhere" in Security & Privacy?
same on my machine. I used macbook air and iMac to try. both failed :(

same on my machine. I used macbook air and iMac to try. both failed :(

Read the Unibeast Troubleshooting Notes and if you still cannot resolve your problem, follow the procedure in Unibeast Failure Reporting.

Good Luck

Just downloaded Mavericks and Unibeast 3.0.0 and get "Installation Failed" after about 2 minutes of writing to my USB thumb drive.. Any ideas? Nothing has been modified and I'm following the instructions to the letter.. Thanks..
Not sure if you still need this, but it means 1 of 2 things, your downloaded file is not in you Applications folder (in that case, look for it and put it there) or your download file is corrupted. In the latter case, the solution is just to re-download it.

Sorry - step by step guide 'insert usb'....
Do you mean that we must have a Mac first? or can I use 'USB creator' in Linux Mint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back