Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Success on Gigabyte Z77-DS3H with Intel Core i5 3570K and using the onboard Intel HD 4000!!!

Attachments

• mb.tiff
    218.6 KB · Views: 141
What to say: THANK YOU!!!

I bought a customac mini de luxe computer. I follow up to the letter this guide:

a) Deactivate Virtualization on the UEFI BIOS
b) Install Unibeast as described
c) Install Multibeast and select a DSDT free profile, selecting the driver for Audio et voilà

Almost as simple as installing a Mac, I remember when I tried this 5 years ago, a complete NIGHTMARE, now with the right components it's a piece of cake

THANKS AGAIN for this work, AWESOME

*NOTE: OpenCL is not functional using GK110B-based GTX 780 and GTX TITAN GPU models in 10.9. There is no ETA for a fix.
I want to buy a CustoMac Pro, and I haven't decide which graphic card to buy...
I will use Xcode,Photoshop and lots of popular games(this part leads me to buy GTX 780) , and I don't know that if OpenCL is useful or necessary.
Please tell me , Thx!

Thanks guys!!!

Thank you tonymacx86 for your buyer's guide and your installation guide. I built this week a Hackintosh with a GA-Z87M-D3H, and I successfully installed MacOS X 10.9. Very simple, very clean. 2 days, and it seems to work like a charm. Added "dart=0" on boot to use VT-x extensions.

Great guide...
Sharing my experience with everyone after following the guide:

Installing OS X 10.9 Mavericks on ZOTAC ZBOX-ID83-U
Intel Core i3-3120M Processor
It has Intel HD Graphics 4000
120 GB SSD
8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800)

Some useful items:
1. Optimized Defaults in BIOS
2. Connected to old monitor with VGA but the installation stuck on the first apple OS X screen then switched to connecting to my TV with HDMI for installation (everything worked for isntallation as explained in the guide)
3. After that multibeast installation of (easy beast) + network driver (RealTek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTX81xx ...)

-> resulted in perfect installation (everything working (display, ethernet etc...) after reboot except sound, wifi and bluetooth)

4. Sound only shows AirPlay option with my 2 airplay devices. Where the sound plays fine.
5. Now to make the sound work internally. In Multibeast for sound used driver (selected ALC 892 codec (without DSDT). Built & Installed
6. On Terminal window -repair permissions like this "diskutil repairPermissions /"
7. restarted and now Internal speaker show up in sound and analog sound works

Next step working on getting HDMI sound, WIFI and bluetooth working...

will mac support my pc its old and hav intel core 2 duo processor with no graphic card.

Forgot to mention that I updated the BIOS to the latest version before going about installing Mavericks. All I did inside the BIOS was loading the Optimized Defaults as described in the guide...

Article: UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Got it working on the Maximus V Formula previously running 10.8.5. After Installation you have to boot the system in safe mode (-x) and apply the Multibeast 6.0 settings listed below. After restart the system should boot normally through Chimera. Good Luck!

System Specs:

ASUS Maximus V Formula
Intel i5 3570K
EVGA GTX 650
Samsung 840 SSD

Multibeast 6.0 Configuration:

Quick Start: DSDT Free
Audio Driver: ALC898
Disk: 3rd Party SATA
Misc: FakeSMC v5.3.820
Network: Intel-hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
System: Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement- OS X 10.9.0, AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloader: Chimera v2.2.1
Boot Options: Basic Boot Options, Hibernate Mode - Desktop, Use KernelCache
System Definitions: Mac Pro 3,1

Thanks for sharing, working on a Maximus V extreme too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back