Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome job you guys did, thanks! I got this running on my Hackintosh with an SSD upgrade from a regular HDD. Its about time I put an SSD in that machine, I've been using a HDD for the main OS since I built the thing.

For those who have Skylake and problems with your mobo to bootup and cpu crash, disable intel turbo and disable any ddr4 profile for OC, it cause inestability, i could finally install my el capitan but is inestable, it freeze and reboot itself without error.

Btw, if you cannot boot with normal commands, use kext-dev-mod=1 help me a lot.

For the video card, sometimes i had to use PCIRootUDI=1 to make it work then i just removed it.

Hi
This is the 1st time I am trying this. I did everything I believe is required . I am using a Gigabyte Z87X Mobo. Gtx750 Nvidia card . F10c bios update.

Using clover Ver 2.3k
Please help with boot Args I am stuck

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 198
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 211
"7. If this is a fresh installation, click Quick Start. UEFI Boot Mode is recommended for 7/8/9+ Series CustoMac desktops and all UEFI capable systems. Legacy Boot Mode is recommended for 5/6 Series CustoMac desktops and all BIOS based systems."

Stupid question, but what are these series numbers referring to? I'm still running an i5 750 2.66Ghz cpu with a ga-p55-usb3 board. I assume I want legacy because mine runs on a bios?

"7. If this is a fresh installation, click Quick Start. UEFI Boot Mode is recommended for 7/8/9+ Series CustoMac desktops and all UEFI capable systems. Legacy Boot Mode is recommended for 5/6 Series CustoMac desktops and all BIOS based systems."

Stupid question, but what are these series numbers referring to? I'm still running an i5 750 2.66Ghz cpu with a ga-p55-usb3 board. I assume I want legacy because mine runs on a bios?
The series numbers refer to the motherboard series. You have a 5 series, and, thus, you need to use the Legacy Boot Mode. :thumbup:

Hi all

My current running system is dual boot Windows 7 Pro (UEFI) and El Capitan 10.11.2 (separate SSDs and works well enough). I am trying to do a fresh install of OSX as current install was my first hackintosh and was not the most elegant.

I have a bit of an issue doing a fresh install of El Capitan. I have tried both 10.11.2 and 10.11.5. I download 10.11.5 from App Store. Used Unibeast (6.2) as per tonymac to create bootable USB. Process completed fine on all USB sticks and drives I have tried. Went into BIOS and set the necessary parameters (Disable Secure Boot, CSM disabled, CFG-Lock disabled, etc). Set USB stick as first boot device and start boot process. At Clover Boot I set nv_disable=1 as I run a 750 Ti. Continue boot process. Apple logo shows and progress bar proceeds to near 75%. At some point I may get spinning beach ball. I am able to move mouse pointer. After sometime, usually around 15 - 20 minutes, system freezes. I only have OS X SSD plugged in.

I also tried with the 750 Ti unplugged and used onboard video to no avail. I have reset CMOS as well. It seems that clover always remembers settings from old plist file and would not change despite using clover configurator to change on the OS X side. I am thinking of formatting the OSX SSD using Windows 7 (I have a dual boot 2 SSD rig) but if I do I will lose all access to the OSX environment in case I need.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Found a solution to my issue. My guess is that Unibeast 6.2.0 has some issues. I solved my problem by using Unibeast 6.1.1 to create El Capitan installler. Same USB disk, same OS X download (10.11.5) same settings that had previously not worked. I was able to install successfully to USB drive with no issue. Didn't bother going through all the post install stuff as it was merely a test to find out what the issue was. If there is anything I can do to assist the experts to figure this out, I'm ready to help anyway I can.

Found a solution to my issue. My guess is that Unibeast 6.2.0 has some issues. I solved my problem by using Unibeast 6.1.1 to create El Capitan installler. Same USB disk, same OS X download (10.11.5) same settings that had previously not worked. I was able to install successfully to USB drive with no issue. Didn't bother going through all the post install stuff as it was merely a test to find out what the issue was. If there is anything I can do to assist the experts to figure this out, I'm ready to help anyway I can.
Please open a thread in the UniBeast forum section. Follow the sticky threads advice on posting. TIA.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/unibeast.120/

Same here. My SKY X4 laptop would not boot at all, always with issues with OsxAptioFix2Drv. Creating a fresh USB using 10.11.5 and Unibeast 6.1.1. solved my problem, needed to add to boot nv_disable=1 and -x -v. Just managed to boot and install the system on it, lots of issues to deal with - it is hard to read the icons in 4k resolution, no internet, no audio, no sleep, but now I can fix one thing at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back