Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patience is a virtue. Soon.

Will you be redoing your update guide for us in the future when point updates arrive? I kept your previous guide as a reminder of everything I needed to remember to do and it never failed me. Things like disabling SIP in the Config.plist and rebooting before updating then re-enabling and rebooting again after doing so will be important to include. Unless, that is, the gurus think running CsrActiveConfig at 0x3 permanently is safe.

Tom

Will you be redoing your update guide for us in the future when point updates arrive? I kept your previous guide as a reminder of everything I needed to remember to do and it never failed me. Things like disabling SIP in the Config.plist and rebooting before updating then re-enabling and rebooting again after doing so will be important to include. Unless, that is, the gurus think running CsrActiveConfig at 0x3 permanently is safe.

Tom
Yes, the guides will appropriately be updated.

WRT CsrActiveConfig at 0x3...so far, it's not been a problem, and hacks will need it. It's a pain to keep turning it on and off. Maybe some one will write a script or app to do that w/o using a plist editor or Clover Configurator.

Could you share youre config.plist ?

my hardware is almost the same so we can learn from that

greetings in advance

Thanks all the Tonymac's team!!

My system is running perfect on El Capitan OS X.

All works fine!!

Audio, trim, ethernet, wake up....all works perfect on my system

GA-Z87X-UD3H + i7 4770K + 16 Gb. RAM + GTX650 2Gb + SSD Samsung EVO 250 Gb

Thanks a lot :clap:

My apologies, I meant to ask what Graphic options I should choose in UniBeast for a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 as it is not listed in any of the options. See that attache picture.

Attachments

• Unibeast Graphics Options.tiff
    170.9 KB · Views: 350
My apologies, I meant to ask what Graphic options I should choose in UniBeast for a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 as it is not listed in any of the options. See that attache picture.

Those choices are just for older cards, you've got a newer Nvidia card so don't choose any
of those. Post further questions in El Cap Desktop Support. Thanks. :thumbup:

El Capitan post install tools link is dead? Can anyone provide a link?

With the same GPU I chose nothing in there, it may be better to select one but I don't know.. as much as GTX 970 works with downloaded web driver then its not necessary and I never have done that.

The weird thing is that the driver switches to ''OS X Default'' after restart, that never happened with Yosemite, but as much as it works then its ok.

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on z87m-d3h + GT740

On my z87m-d3h installation from unibeast worked, but after reboot, I couldn't finish (post-install) until I understood that El Capitan didn't like my Nvidia GT740. I rebooted with nv_disable=1, finished the installation, then installed Nvidia Drivers, and all went ok.

The tutorial isn't complete. There's many lacks when we never used clover before. For example, you should say that we should remove USB Boot key before installing clover and other steps (just to be sure that we install everything in the goog place), that we MUST mount EFI partition before any clover tasks, that the configuration file is in /EFI/clover.

you should specify RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x3 and reboot, because without that, it's not possible to install ALC drivers.

It take a few hours for me to understand everything...

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back