Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Thanks for this. I'm still on El Capitan, but will upgrade in the future. Cheers!

Hi all,
I've come up against a few strange things with an old build that was running El Cap fine. When I get the Sierra installer started everything seems fine, but after about 2 minutes it get an error "macos could not be installed on your computer"?

[update] The generic SMBIOS in the legacy created config.plist wasn't enough, I had to generate all the fields using the wizard.
I also get some really nasty red code on every second boot, something about X64 Exception Type? Should I be concerned about that?

Last edited:
Hello,

I applied installation protocol described in first message (UniBeast 6.x + MultiBeast 9.0.1) to install Sierra on a new hackintosh based on GA-Z170N-Wifi motherboard with a Phanteks case.

I used a Lexar 16GB USB3 key for install and everything was OK (System Definition => iMac 14,2)

I didn't modify clover files, including config.plist.

But now, I have big problems with USB 3 ports and devices.

The motherboard includes 4 + 1 (Type-C) external USB3 ports, one USB 3.0/2.0 header and one USB 2.0/1.1 header.
Internal motherboard connector F_USB (2.0/1.1) not used.
The PC case includes 2 USB 3.0 ports connected to F_USB30 connector on motherboard.

When I connect an USB 2.0 key, it's correctly detected on all ports but when I connect an USB 3.0 key (tested with Lexar installation key and a Sandisk Extreme 32GB key), it's not detected (all external ports tested excepted Type-C port).

So I ran IOJones to analyze USB mapping and I got the following mapping (tested with a Lexar 16GB USB 2 key):
PC case: HS01, HS02
Motherboard external ports: HS03, HS04, HS05, HS06 (Type-C port not tested)
IOJones also detected HS08 used by Bluetooth, HS07, HS09 and HS10 but no SS*

Then I copied the last release of USBInjectAll.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and ran again IOJones after shutdown/startup.
It detected all previous ports but also HS11, HS12, HS13, HS14 and USR1 but still no SS*; USB 3 keys still not detected.

I also noticed IOJones was very unstable (lot of crashes).

Any suggestion will be appreciated

[Update] System Information->USB displays USB 3.0.

[Update 2] I used DPCIManager to install USBInjectAll.kext, repair perms and rebuild cache. Then I used Clover Configurator to change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (I thought this update was included in UniBeast/MultiBeast), shutdowned/restarted the computer and it's OK. USB mapping looks correct and Lexar USB3 key is OK (Sandisk key definitively (?) not detected).

Dan

Last edited:
I always get "boot failed:.... sleep 10 seconds before exiting" why is this error happening?

I'm gonna give this shot later this evening. I've got a GTX760 and a GA‑Z97X‑UD3H. Anything special I need to do for that config?

Okay so I've been at this all day trying to get Clover to Install Sierra. I keep getting stuck right at the beginning of the install process.

My Specs:
GA-X58A-UD3R
Intel Xeon X5650 @2.67GHz
BIOS Version FH
GTX 960
24GB RAM

I have been trying so many different combinations of boot args to no avail... Please Help Someone!

View attachment 216891
What kind of boot USB you made, do you made a legacy one ?

I always get "boot failed:.... sleep 10 seconds before exiting" why is this error happening?
This is a Desktop Guide thread - For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant Laptop forum.

Hello, first I want to apologize for my English use a translator, I have the motherboard Asus Rampage IV Formula, graphics card Asus GTX 750 Ti, CPU QuadCore Intel Core i7-3820, 3600 MHz, 16 GB of memory, audio adapter Realtek ALC899 and Wifi adapter network adapter Atheros Qualcomm Wireless AR938x, I could not install Sierra with clover in any way if I could help I would appreciate it.

hello every one
i have problem i dont know how to fix it
and it think i tried everything

i tried
1- 0x67
2- OsxAptioFixDrv
3- tried clover from official site
4- tried unibeast 7.0.1

and i did change bios settings like provided in here

nothing is booting to install
pictures included

1-
85a181d1537248aabb702d768792a07d.jpg

2-
a96b22ad3d3f4c42bf8b12770fc749d7.jpg

3-
34db57f7bd204701a83f1164bfcfe013.jpg

my pc info:
z97x gaming 3 with last update of bios
i7 4790k
gtx 780 ti super oc
12gb ram / 8gb hyperx / 4gb Apacer ram
360gb hdd <- trying to install here
2TB hdd <- files
500gb hdd <- files
120gb ssd <- windows 10

i have el capitan working just fine without any problem but i want to change to sierra

how ti fix this ?

Back