Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Unibeast 9.1 - fails creating USB for Legacy Boot (copy of apfs.efi failed...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[...]just copy the file yourself to the correct folder. It seems like copy_apfs.sh is the last thing that's run in the batch, so I think just copying the file to the correct location should work so you don't have to wait through the whole process again. Note that the final location of the apfs.efi file depends on UEFI/Legacy install and also whether it's a GPT or MBR formatted drive in Legacy mode. You can see the locations in the copy_apfs.sh script.

Hey Augie, great work!

I am still using the original 2011 Custo Mac Mini build and am now trying to complete fresh installs of OS's newer than Sierra onto spare SSD drives. Unibeast for High Sierra and Mojave both fail with the apfs.efi error.

I also wondered if that's the last step in creating the Unibeast installer USB, since it looks to be functional otherwise.

I've never dealt with Shell scripts in any fashion and I wondered if you could just tell me where to place the apfs.efi driver file.
I am creating a Legacy USB installer on a GPT formatted 16GB thumb drive.

I assume the file needs to go into the EFI partition on the USB installer, "/Volumes/EFI 1/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64" but your confirmation or correction would be appreciated.

Maybe it also needs to be placed in additional locations?

Thank you!

I've never dealt with Shell scripts in any fashion and I wondered if you could just tell me where to place the apfs.efi driver file.

I don't have this information anymore. That message was almost a year ago, and this workaround is no longer required for the current versions of Unibeast, so it's information that has been long forgotten.

In the message of mine that you quoted, it stated:
Note that the final location of the apfs.efi file depends on UEFI/Legacy install and also whether it's a GPT or MBR formatted drive in Legacy mode. You can see the locations in the copy_apfs.sh script.

The location you copy it to is shown in the script. Open the script in a text editor and look at where it copies the file. That is the location you copy it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back