Contribute
Register

Unable to update from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx for your answer. So I have to reinstall OSX?
  • Yes, Reinstall with Intel HD 4600 as the video card.
  • When that system is working OK , you can change the BIOS to PCIE gfx ,and install Radeon later as a second step if you know it will work and know how to install it with needed FakeID and FB Name in config.plist.

• Yes, Reinstall with Intel HD 4600 as the video card.
  • When that system is working OK , you can change the BIOS to PCIE gfx ,and install Radeon later as a second step if you know it will work and know how to install it with needed FakeID and FB Name in config.plist.
But I have a GTX 970 Nvidia, not a Radeon. All I can tell to you is that my graphics card works with OSX; to install High Sierra (10.13.0) I had to use the "Nvidia generic" flag. At the end of the installation I booted my OSX and than I installed the official Nvidia drivers that support my graphics card. Obviously hardware acceleration works too. After some time, I have updated OSX to 10.13.2 (it's the operating system I'm using now while I'm writing to you). The problem is that I can not update from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3. I think the problems are related to the fact that in the Clover boot I don't see any update partition (I think it should be called "install macOS" or something like this) but only those of Windows10 and OSX

But I have a GTX 970 Nvidia, not a Radeon. All I can tell to you is that my graphics card works with OSX; to install High Sierra (10.13.0) I had to use the "Nvidia generic" flag. At the end of the installation I booted my OSX and than I installed the official Nvidia drivers that support my graphics card. Obviously hardware acceleration works too. After some time, I have updated OSX to 10.13.2 (it's the operating system I'm using now while I'm writing to you). The problem is that I can not update from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3. I think the problems are related to the fact that in the Clover boot I don't see any update partition (I think it should be called "install macOS" or something like this) but only those of Windows10 and OSX

But I have a GTX 970 Nvidia, not a Radeon. All I can tell to you is that my graphics card works with OSX; to install High Sierra (10.13.0) I had to use the "Nvidia generic" flag. At the end of the installation I booted my OSX and than I installed the official Nvidia drivers that support my graphics card
  • Sorry I misspoke about your actual PCIE GFX. But anyway you had installed your Right NVIDIA PCIE GFX OK.
After some time, I have updated OSX to 10.13.2 (it's the operating system I'm using now while I'm writing to you).
Great.

The problem is that I can not update from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3. I think the problems are related to the fact that in the Clover boot I don't see any update partition (I think it should be called "install macOS" or something like this) but only those of Windows10 and OSX
I guess I caught up with you right this time :)
You downloaded 10.13.3 and the installation supposedly started but
when you reached CBM screen the extra icon of "Install macOS X High Sierra" you expected to see was a No Show!
Is that correct?​
If that is the case,
  • Reboot to your 10.13.2 Desktop.
  • Install and run "ShowAllFiles" Download Now 77.1 KB .zip
  • Click "Show" on the popup
  • This will show all hidden files in 10.13.2 System disk
  • Look inside the disk and locate "macOS install Data" Folder Right click and "Send To Trash"
  • Re-download 10.13.3. and try again.

• Sorry I misspoke about your actual PCIE GFX. But anyway you had installed your Right NVIDIA PCIE GFX OK.
Great.

I guess I caught up with you right this time :)
You downloaded 10.13.3 and the installation supposedly started but
when you reached CBM screen the extra icon of "Install macOS X High Sierra" you expected to see was a No Show!
Is that correct?​
Yes, I can't see this icon
If that is the case,
  • Reboot to your 10.13.2 Desktop.
  • Install and run "ShowAllFiles" Download Now 77.1 KB .zip
  • Click "Show" on the popup
  • This will show all hidden files in 10.13.2 System disk
  • Look inside the disk and locate "macOS install Data" Folder Right click and "Send To Trash"
  • Re-download 10.13.3. and try again.
I can't find "macOS Install Data" folder in my hard disk:
Schermata 2018-03-02 alle 21.23.35.png

Yes, I can't see this icon

I can't find "macOS Install Data" folder in my hard disk:
View attachment 316939
  • If you don't see that, you should be able to re-download and try another attempt to update the system.
  • During the reboot after installation begins (and it can be just 2-4 minutes into the start of installation), press the F-12 key and SELECT your System Hard disk to enter CBM screen
  • Then you reboot the "macOS Installer.." Icon .
  • Do this at every reboot till you finish and the "MacOS installer" icon disappears leaving only System disk and the Recovery HD ( and any other Operating System disk icon you are booting with CLOVER) in CBM.
  • Then you boot the System Disk to complete the installation and reach Desktop.
  • Check your MacOS HighSierra Version and BUILD.
  • Go to AppSore>Update and confirm no more updates and current successful update listed under history.

• If you don't see that, you should be able to re-download and try another attempt to update the system.
  • During the reboot after installation begins (and it can be just 2-4 minutes into the start of installation), press the F-12 key
Sorry for the delay. I tried more than once but that folder never appears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back