Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Vivobook S430FA-EB062R
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hello to everyone. I have High Sierra 10.13.2 (installed without any tools but manually) and I cannot update to 10.13.3. If I use the combo update or if I install from Apple Store, the pc tries to update itself but on restart it says it was impossible to do it. In the Clover boot screen, I do not see any "install macOS" or similar partition but only the normal partition. Do you know why?

I really tried everything: I put the latest version of Clover, I updated the kext (Lilu, AppleALC) and I also tried to clean my system from the folder "install macOS data" but nothing has changed. I tried to install without the Nvidia drivers (using the generic from Clover) and also to upgrade from safe boot (-x). What other tests can I do?

Make sure that you have FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Make sure that you have FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
FakeSMC was in the /10.13 folder so I moved it to /Other but nothing changed. After installation, the PC reboots but no installation partition appears on Clover. So OSX starts normally, it update itself (in about 15 minutes) and arrives on the desktop where it notifies me that "it was not possible to install the update".

EDIT:
I only have these kext and they are all updated:
Schermata 2018-02-23 alle 14.39.20.png

Last edited:
Nobody can help me? I also did other tests without solving

Nobody can help me? I also did other tests without solving
  • Please upload to the Forum, CLOVER from the 10.13.2 System disk as a compressed file.

• Please upload to the Forum, CLOVER from the 10.13.2 System disk as a compressed file.
One thing I forgot to mention is that I installed High Sierra in HFS+

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 37
One thing I forgot to mention is that I installed High Sierra in HFS+
  • Before I can comment on the CLOVER which has a lot of flaws, I want some clarifications about your hardware SPECS
    • Is the Motherboard which you have listed as GA_Z97X-UD3h_BK the system you are referring to in your post?
    • Is the CPU Intel i5 4670K that is on the above MoBO?
    • Do you also have a GTX 970 Graphics card in the PCIE slot of the above MoBo?
    • Is this the SPEC on which you wanted to update 10.13.2 to 10.13.3. and had problem?
    • Is the uploaded CLOVER from the hard disk of above MoBO that has macOS 10.13.2?
A final comment to understand your listed hardware a lot easier:
  • You have two sets of hardware squeezed in your Personal Details
  • If you click Build Signature you will get the necessary fields to fill in the MoBo|CPU|Graphics of your Current Build and edit as your current HS 10.13.2 and it will show up below the message box for easy ID.:)

• Before I can comment on the CLOVER which has a lot of flaws, I want some clarifications about your hardware SPECS
    • Is the Motherboard which you have listed as GA_Z97X-UD3h_BK the system you are referring to in your post?
    • Is the CPU Intel i5 4670K that is on the above MoBO?
    • Do you also have a GTX 970 Graphics card in the PCIE slot of the above MoBo?
    • Is this the SPEC on which you wanted to update 10.13.2 to 10.13.3. and had problem?
    • Is the uploaded CLOVER from the hard disk of above MoBO that has macOS 10.13.2?
Yes, I refer to that PC (which is now in the signature under the heading "Build 1") and the answer is yes to all those questions

A final comment to understand your listed hardware a lot easier:
  • You have two sets of hardware squeezed in your Personal Details
  • If you click Build Signature you will get the necessary fields to fill in the MoBo|CPU|Graphics of your Current Build and edit as your current HS 10.13.2 and it will show up below the message box for easy ID.:)
I have updated my signature :thumbup:

Yes, I refer to that PC (which is now in the signature under the heading "Build 1") and the answer is yes to all those questions

I have updated my signature :thumbup:
  • Thank you. Now it looks a lot better and easy to understand your post.
  • I have edited your CLOVER opened in CCV showing what kexts are needed [latest downloaded > hint:RehabMan DownloadBucket]
  • I believe you have to install your High Sierra initially using the Integrated Intel HD 4600 as the firs step and once it runs OK with its own CLOVER and other requirements (using Multibeast run or Latest Clover and needed kexts installed manually and config.plist configured as shown in my uploaded edited images), you can install your Nvidia PCIE card as a second stage video installation.
  • I have edited the config.plist sections hoping to help you use your Integrated Intel HD 4600.
What can you do from where you are now?
  • From the current situation, you have to reboot and enter the BIOS setup.
    • Change BIOS> Peripherals> Initial Display :IGFX [ See uploaded image as an example]
    • In BIOS _BIOS Features_ Boot Option Priorities Make your UEFI USB installers the first boot device and disable all other devices in that list [see image as example]
    • Save the edited BIOS and Reboot F10>
  • From CBM screen boot your High Sierra UEFI USB installer >DiskUtility>Format your HDD >Start macOS High Sierra Installation
    • High Sierra installation will take several (3-4) reboots and
    • It is ALWAYS BETTER to pause at F-12 screen during each reboot and select from the displayed devices the UEFI USB INSTALLER disk and then enter CBM screen and boot the partially installed System Hard disk to boot from CBM disk . ( if you want a visual guide of a typical HS install,see series of images at #222 )
  • Hope this will help
Please Note : config.plist _Devices image # 6 is at the bottom of the upload.

Attachments

• 1.BIOS_Peripherals.png
    1.BIOS_Peripherals.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
  • 2.BIOS Features_Boot Option Priorities.png
    2.BIOS Features_Boot Option Priorities.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
  • 1.:CLOVER:Drivers64UEFI.png
    1.:CLOVER:Drivers64UEFI.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 2.ACPI_Patches.png
    2.ACPI_Patches.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 3.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    3.CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 4.:config.plist_ACPI.png
    4.:config.plist_ACPI.png
    323.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 5.:config.plistBoot.png
    5.:config.plistBoot.png
    281.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 7.:config.plist:Gui.png
    7.:config.plist:Gui.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 8.:config.plist:Graphics.png
    8.:config.plist:Graphics.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 9.:configKernel and Kext Patches.png
    9.:configKernel and Kext Patches.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 10.:config.plist:Rt Variables.png
    10.:config.plist:Rt Variables.png
    262.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 11.:config.plist:SMBIOS.png
    11.:config.plist:SMBIOS.png
    256.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 12.:config.plist:System Parameters.png
    12.:config.plist:System Parameters.png
    266.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 6.Devices.png
    6.Devices.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Thank you. Now it looks a lot better and easy to understand your post.
  • I have edited your CLOVER opened in CCV showing what kexts are needed [latest downloaded > hint:RehabMan DownloadBucket]
  • I believe you have to install your High Sierra initially using the Integrated Intel HD 4600 as the firs step and once it runs OK with its own CLOVER and other requirements (using Multibeast run or Latest Clover and needed kexts installed manually and config.plist configured as shown in my uploaded edited images), you can install your Nvidia PCIE card as a second stage video installation.
  • I have edited the config.plist sections hoping to help you use your Integrated Intel HD 4600.
What can you do from where you are now?
  • From the current situation, you have to reboot and enter the BIOS setup.
    • Change BIOS> Peripherals> Initial Display :IGFX [ See uploaded image as an example]
    • In BIOS _BIOS Features_ Boot Option Priorities Make your UEFI USB installers the first boot device and disable all other devices in that list [see image as example]
    • Save the edited BIOS and Reboot F10>
  • From CBM screen boot your High Sierra UEFI USB installer >DiskUtility>Format your HDD >Start macOS High Sierra Installation
    • High Sierra installation will take several (3-4) reboots and
    • It is ALWAYS BETTER to pause at F-12 screen during each reboot and select from the displayed devices the UEFI USB INSTALLER disk and then enter CBM screen and boot the partially installed System Hard disk to boot from CBM disk . ( if you want a visual guide of a typical HS install,see series of images at #222 )
  • Hope this will help
Please Note : config.plist _Devices image # 6 is at the bottom of the upload.
Thx for your answer. So I have to reinstall OSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back