Contribute
Register

Unable to run 10.6.8 on sandy bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had boot issues into 10.6.8 after following UpdateHelper instructions to the letter, but mine were due to the 4096/4k block issues on my WD Caviar Blue 500Gb drive (which still _REFUSES_ to take the boot1h push properly).

I did my build (GA-H61N-USB3 / i3-2105 / 4Gb(8Gb) Corsair XMS3 / ASUS GeForce 210 Silent) with MultiBeast and selected the EasyBeast method.

My board BIOS is F4, which does not appear in the DSDT database. I would follow instructions from Gigabyte. I would like to eventually downgrade by BIOS and try a DSDT install next, but since I am up and running, I am holding off until I can get hands on a suitable HD for testing purposes.

Good luck!

-Dave

gdelavilleon said:
Hi,

I'm trying to run OSX 10.6.8 on this configuration :
MoBo Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (F2)
CPU intel i5 2500k
RAM 16go Corsair Vengence (only 4 GB during install)
System Hard Drive : SSD Samsung 64gB
Cooler Master 550 Case

Everything went easy at the beginning,
I installed 10.6.3, updated it to 10.6.8 with multiBeast (EasyBeast Mode),

10.6.3 was running OK but with 10.6.8 I can't boot without iBoot anymore. I got a kernel panic everytime.
I tried the different boot modes, with PCIRootUID=1, GraphicsEnabler=No, but it still doesn't work.
I also tried to modify different options using multibeast.
I'm wondering if I should try a User DSDT Install, but my BIOS version isn't listed in the DSDT database. Is the integrated graphics card compatible?

I posted a picture of what I get in verbiose mode

Anyone can help?

You are using a MacPro5.1 as model identifier in smbios.plist !!! :crazy:

Apple_SMC_Platform...blah and TYMCE.driver call panic because your CPU doesn't match , only iMac & MacBookPro support SB CPUs so far, so change it to iMac12.1 or 12.2, that's the closest to your hardware !!

...or stay with MacPro5.1 and delete the TYMCE.driver, but then you won't have Powermanagement for your CPU ( neither P and CStates ), unless you modify your
ACPI tables ;)

Edit: MacBookPro8.1/8.2/8.3 could work aswell but makes only sense in case you use the mobile version of i7-2500

Thanks for your advises!

I ended up flashing my BIOS to F10, and did a user DSDT multiBeast install.
Also modified my system definition to iMac 12.2 as advised.
10.6.8 now seems to be working, but no way to boot without "graphicsenabler=no PCIRoot=0).

- Is there a way to fix this in MultiBeast? I don't know wich option to check beetween the different choices (64bit-graphicsEnabler=no or 32bitGraphicEnabler=no?).
Maybe I need to modify PCI Root ID Fix kext to "PCIRootUID=0"?

- I also lost USB...even though I did intall IOUSBFamily Rollback and USB3.0 kexts

- Maybe I have to add a graphics card in case all my problems would come from integrated graphics not being supported by 10.6.8
Any idea?
Thanks

Xabbu said:
gdelavilleon said:
Hi,

I'm trying to run OSX 10.6.8 on this configuration :
MoBo Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (F2)
CPU intel i5 2500k
RAM 16go Corsair Vengence (only 4 GB during install)
System Hard Drive : SSD Samsung 64gB
Cooler Master 550 Case

Everything went easy at the beginning,
I installed 10.6.3, updated it to 10.6.8 with multiBeast (EasyBeast Mode),

10.6.3 was running OK but with 10.6.8 I can't boot without iBoot anymore. I got a kernel panic everytime.
I tried the different boot modes, with PCIRootUID=1, GraphicsEnabler=No, but it still doesn't work.
I also tried to modify different options using multibeast
I'm wondering if I should try a User DSDT Install, but my BIOS version isn't listed in the DSDT database. Is the integrated graphics card compatible?

I posted a picture of what I get in verbiose mode

Anyone can help?

You are using a MacPro5.1 as model identifier in smbios.plist !!! :crazy:

Apple_SMC_Platform...blah and TYMCE.driver call panic because your CPU doesn't match , only iMac & MacBookPro support SB CPUs so far, so change it to iMac12.1 or 12.2, that's the closest to your hardware !!

...or stay with MacPro5.1 and delete the TYMCE.driver, but then you won't have Powermanagement for your CPU ( neither P and CStates ), unless you modify your
ACPI tables ;)

Edit: MacBookPro8.1/8.2/8.3 could work aswell but makes only sense in case you use the mobile version of i7-2500
My Hackintosh has been set to MacPro3.1 from day one with no issues now, or at least none I am aware of.
That was the setting in MultiBeast shown in the Popular Science 3 part article in May 2011 by John Mahoney about tonymacx86 and this site.
What would the MacPro3.1 lack that would make me want to change?
From the first parts, I have changed out the CPU from a i5-2500K, added a second DVD Multi-RW and changed the SSD from 60GB. OS was 10.6.8. :wave:

JohnnyMac2001 said:

As long as as you don't prove me wrong i say your "natural" PM for 2500K isn't working right or not at all. That would be reason enough for me...

Xabbu said:
JohnnyMac2001 said:

As long as as you don't prove me wrong i say your "natural" PM for 2500K isn't working right or not at all. That would be reason enough for me...
Well, I have no problem with sleep/wake, but that may be just a monitor thing.

JohnnyMac2001 said:
Well, I have no problem with sleep/wake, but that may be just a monitor thing.

when you would read my posts carefully you'll maybe understand what i'm talking about

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back