Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'm trying to run OSX 10.6.8 on this configuration :
MoBo Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (F2)
CPU intel i5 2500k
RAM 16go Corsair Vengence (only 4 GB during install)
System Hard Drive : SSD Samsung 64gB
Cooler Master 550 Case

Everything went easy at the beginning,
I installed 10.6.3, updated it to 10.6.8 with multiBeast (EasyBeast Mode),

10.6.3 was running OK but with 10.6.8 I can't boot without iBoot anymore. I got a kernel panic everytime.
I tried the different boot modes, with PCIRootUID=1, GraphicsEnabler=No, but it still doesn't work.
I also tried to modify different options using multibeast.
I'm wondering if I should try a User DSDT Install, but my BIOS version isn't listed in the DSDT database. Is the integrated graphics card compatible?

I posted a picture of what I get in verbiose mode

Anyone can help?

Attachments

• IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 285
Get the DSDT from the database and install it that way, then you should have no worries.

My motherboards has the F2 BIOS, and there is no F2 version in the DSDT database.
Does that mean I need to format my HDD, flash my BIOS to F10 and do the whole install again?

Is it risky to flash a BIOS? They seem to think so on Gigabyte website.

gdelavilleon said:
My motherboards has the F2 BIOS, and there is no F2 version in the DSDT database.
Does that mean I need to format my HDD, flash my BIOS to F10 and do the whole install again?

Is it risky to flash a BIOS? They seem to think so on Gigabyte website.

Just try it and see what happens, by that i mean dsdt not flashing bios

2 points:

If you are going to download and install a DSDT then use UserDSDT, you will need to remove a couple of kexts that are installed by EasyBeast in order to avoid problems:

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
EvOreboot.kext
LegacyAppleRTC.kext

Second, did you run Bridge Helper which is (or was) necessary to upgrade to 10.6.8 from 10.6.x on Sandy Bridge.

Thanks for your answers.

To Snapman :
- Yes I have used the Update Helper provided on the site before installing the combo update.
- About the DSDT, I just installed the Z68X-UD3H6B3 F3 DSDT (my motherboard is F2) using User DSDT Install, with the system utilities options.
Before that I had removed the kexts you indicated.

I still got the Panic at booting.
The only difference is that it won't boot anymore even with the iBoot.

So I'm formating my SSD with G Parted to take the procedure again from the beginning, but still no idea of what's going wrong.

By the way, here are the steps I followed.
-iBoot
-Installation of 10.6.3 (no problem, reboot)
-Run Update Helper (no problem, reboot)
-Installed 10.6.8 combo dmg (no problem, no reboot)
-Run MultiBeast, easyBeast Mode (Panic at reboot)
-Boot with iBoot, run MultiBeast User DSDT mode (no boot, even with iBoot (permanent grey screen).

Do you think the BIOS is too old (F2)?

The DSDT version MUST match the BIOS or else all bets are off. You might need to update BIOS. I know the GB says use caution, but I have never had any issues doing an upgrade and I am going to guess that most people don't or else they wouldn't offer the BIOS files at all.....if you do it make absolutely certain that you follow the instructions in the manual exactly and double check you have the right BIOS version and board revision (if there are for your board).

If you haven't wiped it yet, try booting with rBoot (or iBoot) and use boot flags at the Chimera screen. -x -v PCIRootUID=1 might get you in.

When you upgrade, consider stopping at 10.6.7 then clone your drive onto a small (20 GB) partition, so you can get into the main partition in the event there is an issue, you might want to keep it permanently for that purpose.

10.6.8 is harder to get working than 10.6.7 on SB, which is why I suggest stopping at 10.6.7

Thanks,

I tried to install 10.6.7 with and without MultiBeast (easy Beast), and I got the same problem :
in normal boot, it stays blocked on the boot screen (grey with the apple)
in -x -v it stays blocked on a black screen, no writings and no signs.

In the end, considering the 10.6.3 is able to boot normally (without iBoot), would it be stupid to let the thing run 10.6.3 instead of 10.6.8 or 10.6.7? What are the differences?

For information, my goal is to run ProTools 9 on the Hackintosh

Have you tried using boot flags.....

GraphicsEnabler=NO

Oh, and Integrated graphics are very poorly supported in Snow Leopard, support only came in with Lion, that may be part of the problem. I should have caught that earlier....apologies.

SnapMan said:
Have you tried using boot flags.....

GraphicsEnabler=NO

Oh, and Integrated graphics are very poorly supported in Snow Leopard, support only came in with Lion, that may be part of the problem. I should have caught that earlier....apologies.

That may be, but the original kernel panic was due to NullCPUManagement, so that shouldnt be affected by the graphics

you do make a good point though, cant help it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back