Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok so I am totally new to this server business and since I have a developer account I figure I would but the GA-X58A-UD3R to use as a server.

So I got it all installed and good to go with Lion Server, I am also running Lion on my Sabertooth X58 (the remote admin system). Well the problem is that when I run server app and go into Manage I type my user name and password and it shacks like I entered the wrong info. Thing is the info is correct. I have reinstalled several times and I ever did clean system installs on both computers, twice!

I know it works because it worked when I fist installed Server but then I went to Mountain Lion and ran into this issues, I also lost my screen sharing access on the GA server. So I reverted everything back to Lion but as mentioned above still not able to access via remote admin. It shows the server in the list but I cannot get in.

I have searched the poop out for this and unless I am missing something I am turning up with no help lol.
I would really like to run it via remote because the server has no true monitor, also I would like to design what I need on my main and drop it into the server.

Thanks for any input
eelhead

Hmm...i didn't Installed the Lion Server OS Dude, but did you checked this in System Preferences -> Shares on your running Server?

Bildschirmfoto 2012-08-21 um 15.39.25.jpg

Yeah I have all of that checked, there are a couple that you cannot check off after installing Server because Server manages those (forgot what ones off the top of my head). But yeah I am kinda at a loss, been through Apple support and even through the Macintosh Technician section in the back areas of Apple looking. I think I might just do a total fresh install again and see.

I don't run an OSX server, but do run a Windows server. But maybe this could be related to your problem.

So I reverted everything back to Lion but as mentioned above still not able to access via remote admin. It shows the server in the list but I cannot get in.

After upgrading to 10.8.1, I realized I can't login remotely to my Windows Server using RDC. I thought it was a firewall problem, jumbo frames problem, etc... I can see the server, but whatever ID and password I typed, it always gets rejected.

.... turns out the problem was TIME synchronization! My server time got off, and was different from my OSX time... and this was preventing the remote connection! I fixed the date/time on the Windows server and BAM!... OSX was able to connect remotely to the Win server (via RDC/Terminal Server).

So you may want to check if your network time is all synchronized, and just a few seconds off with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back