Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok so I am totally new to this server business and since I have a developer account I figure I would but the GA-X58A-UD3R to use as a server.

So I got it all installed and good to go with Lion Server, I am also running Lion on my Sabertooth X58 (the remote admin system). Well the problem is that when I run server app and go into Manage I type my user name and password and it shacks like I entered the wrong info. Thing is the info is correct. I have reinstalled several times and I ever did clean system installs on both computers, twice!

I know it works because it worked when I fist installed Server but then I went to Mountain Lion and ran into this issues, I also lost my screen sharing access on the GA server. So I reverted everything back to Lion but as mentioned above still not able to access via remote admin. It shows the server in the list but I cannot get in.

I have searched the poop out for this and unless I am missing something I am turning up with no help lol.
I would really like to run it via remote because the server has no true monitor, also I would like to design what I need on my main and drop it into the server.

Thanks for any input
eelhead

eelhead

Super Moderator
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
i5 7600k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yeah I have all of that checked, there are a couple that you cannot check off after installing Server because Server manages those (forgot what ones off the top of my head). But yeah I am kinda at a loss, been through Apple support and even through the Macintosh Technician section in the back areas of Apple looking. I think I might just do a total fresh install again and see.

Motherboard
Z68X-UD4-B3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
XFX 6870 Dual Fan
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I don't run an OSX server, but do run a Windows server. But maybe this could be related to your problem.

So I reverted everything back to Lion but as mentioned above still not able to access via remote admin. It shows the server in the list but I cannot get in.
After upgrading to 10.8.1, I realized I can't login remotely to my Windows Server using RDC. I thought it was a firewall problem, jumbo frames problem, etc... I can see the server, but whatever ID and password I typed, it always gets rejected.

.... turns out the problem was TIME synchronization! My server time got off, and was different from my OSX time... and this was preventing the remote connection! I fixed the date/time on the Windows server and BAM!... OSX was able to connect remotely to the Win server (via RDC/Terminal Server).

So you may want to check if your network time is all synchronized, and just a few seconds off with each other.