Contribute
Register

Unable to properly create El Capitan Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the method mentioned above, and I was able to complete the installation. The one problem I have is that when I try to log into my apple account in the app store, it says that my computer could not be verified. Also, I tried the method shown in the guide to fix volume not working, but it tells me to repair permissions in disk utility, but in el capitan, there is no repair permissions. I tried repairing permissions with kexwizard but it did not work.

Make sure you follow the guide as far as using PBI-CE.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

Ok I got everything working. I am wondering whether there is a wifi usb adapter that works with el capitan.

Ok I got everything working. I am wondering whether there is a wifi usb adapter that works with el capitan.

USB WiFi not recommended. For your system, best choice is BCM94352HMB.

I have already ordered one of them, but the screws on my computer would not come out. I took it to a computer store, and they couldn't get the screws out. That is why I am looking for an alternative.

I have already ordered one of them, but the screws on my computer would not come out. I took it to a computer store, and they couldn't get the screws out. That is why I am looking for an alternative.

Which screws are you referring to?

Always read the service manual for proper procedures when replacing components in the laptop.

I am referring to the screws that keep the wifi card bolted into the computer. I referee to the user guide when carrying out the process and I was doing it right. Unfortunately the screws did not come out, and even after taking it to a laptop shop, the screws would not come out. Due to this, I am looking to get a sub wireless adapter.

I am referring to the screws that keep the wifi card bolted into the computer. I referee to the user guide when carrying out the process and I was doing it right. Unfortunately the screws did not come out, and even after taking it to a laptop shop, the screws would not come out. Due to this, I am looking to get a sub wireless adapter.

Did you strip the head of the screw using an incorrect tool?

I'm trying to think of what the issue could possibly be. Seems with the correct tools, the screws will come out.

I am sure that I used the correct tools.

So why won't the screws come out? I'm interested in the details.

For USB WiFi, look for devices that have (recent) OS X drivers. But USB WiFi is problematic and not recommended.

If I were you, I'd focus efforts on removing the unsupported WiFi card from the laptop. You'll be disappointed with USB WiFi.

I have already spent many hours trying to figure it out, but the screws simply would not come out. At the laptop fixing shop, they said that the computer probably came with stripped screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back