Contribute
Register

Unable to properly create El Capitan Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was making a USB installer for El Capitan using this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

I followed all the steps on both the manual and the easy method, but I when I boot from the efi file into the clover bootloader, I do not see the option to boot to the installer. I only see the option to boot to my windows partition. I have remade the installer many times, but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

I was making a USB installer for El Capitan using this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

I followed all the steps on both the manual and the easy method, but I when I boot from the efi file into the clover bootloader, I do not see the option to boot to the installer. I only see the option to boot to my windows partition. I have remade the installer many times, but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Did you use the 'createinstallmedia' method?

I followed the only guide on the page that showed me how to partition the USB and make the installer.

I followed the only guide on the page that showed me how to partition the USB and make the installer.

There are two methods 2a and 2b.

I tried following both, but they both ended in the same result. I also tried using Unibeast but it did not work.

I tried following both, but they both ended in the same result. I also tried using Unibeast but it did not work.

You're doing it wrong. Don't bother with Unibeast (it is not appropriate for laptops).

Follow only the ProBook guide. Follow it carefully.

I already tried using the probook install method around 4 times- both 2a and 2b, but the installer option did not show up in the clover menu when I booted from USB. That is why I decided to try Unibeast.

I already tried using the probook install method around 4 times- both 2a and 2b, but the installer option did not show up in the clover menu when I booted from USB. That is why I decided to try Unibeast.

You must have done it incorrectly. Follow the ProBook guide carefully and exactly as written.

I tried both methods again but they did not work. I also tried switching between a virtual machine and another hackintosh, but it gave the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back