Contribute
Register

Unable to properly create El Capitan Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried both methods again but they did not work. I also tried switching between a virtual machine and another hackintosh, but it gave the same result.

Virtual machine is not involved with the guide I linked.

You need to create your USB on real hardware.

I did. I re did it again but it still didn't work. I only tried the virtual machine because the real hardware was not working. On the clover USB screen, I only see my boot windows partition. I just tried everything again and I got the same result. I looked over the guide very carefully and I followed every single step. The only step I was unsure about was when choosing the config file, whether to choose the fill with or without the p sepp error patch.

I did. I re did it again but it still didn't work. I only tried the virtual machine because the real hardware was not working. On the clover USB screen, I only see my boot windows partition. I just tried everything again and I got the same result. I looked over the guide very carefully and I followed every single step. The only step I was unsure about was when choosing the config file, whether to choose the fill with or without the p sepp error patch.

USB created with VM is invalid. Use real hardware.

After you do so, reply with EFI/Clover folder and the result of verbose boot.

Sorry for not describing my problem more clearly before. So I was trying to first upgrade from my yosemite installation to os x el capitan. I ran the pro book installer and apparently I selected the wrong options, and my computer would not boot. After trying to troubleshoot, I decided to do a fresh install. I followed the guide many times and created my bootable USB, but whenever I tried to boot to the installer, at the clover screen I saw no option to boot from the installer. I tried many times more, but to no avail. I have attached the EFI folder I used for my USB installer.View attachment EFI 3.zip

Sorry for not describing my problem more clearly before. So I was trying to first upgrade from my yosemite installation to os x el capitan. I ran the pro book installer and apparently I selected the wrong options, and my computer would not boot. After trying to troubleshoot, I decided to do a fresh install. I followed the guide many times and created my bootable USB, but whenever I tried to boot to the installer, at the clover screen I saw no option to boot from the installer. I tried many times more, but to no avail. I have attached the EFI folder I used for my USB installer.View attachment 156770

This EFI looks fine. If you don't see an option for the installer, then you didn't create the installer partition correctly (createinstallmedia).

That is my problem. I have followed the guide about 20 times now and I still cannot see the installer. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I used the method mentioned above, and I was able to complete the installation. The one problem I have is that when I try to log into my apple account in the app store, it says that my computer could not be verified. Also, I tried the method shown in the guide to fix volume not working, but it tells me to repair permissions in disk utility, but in el capitan, there is no repair permissions. I tried repairing permissions with kexwizard but it did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back