Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I'm trying to install OS X Snow Leopard on my Dell Precision 670 workstation with 2 physical Intel Xeon 3.6GHz Irwindale with 16GB of RAM. I am also using iBoot 3.3.0. I am following the instructions here. I get to step 8 and when i hit enter (without typing anything in) and after about 10 seconds the screen flashes white and my computer restarts. When I try to use the -x and load into Safe mode, my screen remains blank and does not load anything, and after about 5 minutes my computer restarts. Is there something I am doing wrong??

So I'm trying to install OS X Snow Leopard on my Dell Precision 670 workstation with 2 physical Intel Xeon 3.6GHz Irwindale with 16GB of RAM. I am also using iBoot 3.3.0. I am following the instructions here. I get to step 8 and when i hit enter (without typing anything in) and after about 10 seconds the screen flashes white and my computer restarts. When I try to use the -x and load into Safe mode, my screen remains blank and does not load anything, and after about 5 minutes my computer restarts. Is there something I am doing wrong??
Replace the 660Ti with a GPU that is supported in OS X. An 8800GT is relatively inexpensive, easily found and is supported from 10.6.0 thru 10.10.3.

Alternatively, try with -v nv_disable=1

Hey!

Check out: -x cpus=1 IPGEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No PCIRootUID=1

Hope it works!
Phantom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back