Contribute
Register

Unable to boot mac os monterey

This is my latest efi when I booted this i got black screen after verbose then i added -igfxvesa in boot arg. Then got stuck in this error

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 41
  • EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 42
  • 20230513_230654_lmc_8.4.jpg
    20230513_230654_lmc_8.4.jpg
    11.6 MB · Views: 11
This is my latest efi when I booted this i got black screen after verbose then i added -igfxvesa in boot arg. Then got stuck in this error
vga will not work

you need to use either DP or HDMI

Sir this means that I can do 2 things. Downgrade my efi to 0.91 or update my update my config.plist to 0.92
If you downgrade your EFI then you still have 2 errors to fix i.e,
Code:
OCS: Missing key GopBurstMode, context <Output>!
OCS: Missing key ResizeUsePciRbIo, context <Quirks>!

Serialisation returns 2 errors!
Do not downgrade because your EFI is already on OpenCore ver.0.9.2. Please fix those 4 errors from your config.plist as stated in Post #46

What is the last Mac OS version to support vga

If you downgrade your EFI then you still have 2 errors to fix i.e,
Code:
OCS: Missing key GopBurstMode, context <Output>!
OCS: Missing key ResizeUsePciRbIo, context <Quirks>!

Serialisation returns 2 errors!
Do not downgrade because your EFI is already on OpenCore ver.0.9.2. Please fix those 4 errors from your config.plist as stated in Post #46
Ok sir

naman368,

I suggest you try this adapter cable by connecting your computer's DisplayPort output connector to your monitor's VGA input port. (No guarantee, but it would be worth trying, I think.) Be sure to buy the right "genders" of the cable connectors!

Last edited:
naman368,

I suggest you try this adapter cable by connecting your computer's DisplayPort output connector to your monitor's VGA input port. (No guarantee, but it would be worth trying, I think.) Be sure to buy the right "genders" of the cable connectors!
What do you think will these work.
Can anyone confirm.

naman368,
We know MacOS Monterey will drive the DisplayPort output on a Skylake computer. The adapter cable converts the DisplayPort signal to a VGA signal. There are customer reviews of that adapter cable on Amazon that you can read, but for a Hackintosh application, you might be the first person to convert a DisplayPort signal for a VGA display. If you do it, let us know what happened! (Hey, it's only 10 bucks.)

(By the way, you still have those old ACPI files in your current EFI folder.)

Back