Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Unable to access High Sierra installer, shows prohibited symbol when loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are booting from USB then it is usually a USB controller or configuration problem and likewise if you are booting from SATA then it is usually a SATA controller or configuration problem.

Suggest you use the forum Search tool, you are not the first and there are guides for hardware similar to your own.
Okay, I spent the last hour and a half trying to remember the settings I had to boot into it because I screwed up the drive, and am back where I was. I'm sorry, I know this is a complete noob question, but I can't seem to find the forum search function...where would that be?

NVM, found it. Embarrassing.

If you are booting from USB then it is usually a USB controller or configuration problem and likewise if you are booting from SATA then it is usually a SATA controller or configuration problem.

Suggest you use the forum Search tool, you are not the first and there are guides for hardware similar to your own.
Sorry, one last final question, and again I appreciate your help. The installer stopped at "2 minutes remaining" and restarted with the HFS loaded on the SSD. Is that something to be concerned about?

Finally got it to boot and install! Here's how:

In the Clover installer
To install High Sierra: Options -> ACPI patching -> Debug
(After reboot when install finishes) Boot into OS X: Options -> Binaries patching -> Debug

No kernel panics or prohibitory symbols after that, I was able to create an account and install things with MultiBeast. Rebooting takes me right into OS X without issue.
Now that that's over, all that's left is to get the GPU installed and work out the other kinks like sound and networking.

The GTX 1660 is never going to work, there are no drivers for it
That's fine, I'll use integrated graphics for OS X and the GPU for Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back