Contribute
Register

ultrazone's guide for Z77X-UD5H + Mavericks + Clover UEFI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I make the install USB should both clover and mavericks app partitions be mbr or should clover be mbr and mavericks install be guid?

If you follow my guide, you have to create an USB stick containing two partitions: one for Clover in MS-DOS (FAT) that has to be bigger than 300Mb and another for Mavericks' installer as Mac OS extended.

The partition scheme is MBR for the whole USB stick, since you can't specify different partition schema for different partitions.

Good luck !

You may read carefully and do it again, i newbie with hackintosh, i just follow all step, it work my friends.

Glad to hear it is working for you !

Thank you for the very detailed guide ultrazone. I successfully re-did my system last night with clover. Tonight I will re-do linux and windows. I used f14 bios though and the boot time is insanely fast.

You're welcome! Glad to hear it is working for you!

Hello ultrazone
i need again your help.
My Mavericks installation went quite smooth but I'm not able to make network working.
What ketxt I have to install to make network active. From latest MB. I can't tell.
AtherosL1cEthernet 1.2.3 and ALXSEthernet 1.0.2 don't work

What am I to do?

About the USB3 HD you're using for backup purposes, it's a 2,5 or 3,5 inch?

thanks

Hello ultrazone
i need again your help.
My Mavericks installation went quite smooth but I'm not able to make network working.
What ketxt I have to install to make network active. From latest MB. I can't tell.
AtherosL1cEthernet 1.2.3 and ALXSEthernet 1.0.2 don't work

What am I to do?

Assuming you're using Clover, make sure you have the correct kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/YOUR OS VERSION (10.8 for ML, 10.9 for Mavericks…) and reboot without caches once. Regarding the correct kexts for your network devices, I can't remember right now, but I'll look at it later when I'm at the studio.

About the USB3 HD you're using for backup purposes, it's a 2,5 or 3,5 inch?

thanks

It's a 2,5 inch model.

Hope it helps!

I've followed all steps exactly as it says, have exact configuration and still my boot fails at Bluetooth error...

I've followed all steps exactly as it says, have exact configuration and still my boot fails at Bluetooth error...

Make sure FakeSMC.kext is being loaded. You could also change your system definition at boot.

Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back