Contribute
Register

ultrazone's guide for Z77X-UD5H + Mavericks + Clover UEFI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
my airplay is working wit sys def MacPro3,1. just audio worked prior to chimera2.2. was using air parrot for a while but won't be ne more. setting up the IPGenabler in the boot.plist so two gpus be running my games turns out to be useful for this.

Thanks! It's good to know that. I knew HD4000 was related to AirPlay but I didn't know it is possible to enable it with other sysdefs. :thumbup:

my airplay is working wit sys def MacPro3,1. just audio worked prior to chimera2.2. was using air parrot for a while but won't be ne more. setting up the IPGenabler in the boot.plist so two gpus be running my games turns out to be useful for this.
I, too, use MacPro3,1 default System Definition on all but my Sandy Bridge systems and can use AirPlay via my Apple Express wireless router connected to my A/V receiver. :thumbup:

Hi, thanks for great guide. After install my hack work fine, but I can't get sound card to work, i try install only kext from MultiBeast, but not work, can you help me with this problem, thanks ultrazone.

You're welcome!

If your problem is sound related you will find more detailed info in this excellent guide by toleda: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112461-mavericks-no-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html.

This guide is the most straightforward way to enable your audio. Follow it to the point and you will have your audio enabled in a few hours/days.

Thanks and good luck!

Thanks you very much, last night i fight will the problem, and i got my sound, now my hack work really smooth, but find out another small issue with the Bios, when i start press PW button, it take around 5 - 8 second to get to logo, and then 10 sec from logo to clover menu, is that normal, i think when boot with UEFI stuff it much really fast then. And i try to hide some useless partions from the menu.

ultrazone...

I encountered a big issue at first. 2 of 2 USB drives can't be formatted due to Error -9999, 2
Error.jpg

I downloaded Mavericks in October 2013, after having payed downloaded regularly also Mountain Lion.

I can't mount Mavericks partition on my destop, neither see it inside Utility Disk...

What gives?
Thanls for any help
ws

Thanks you very much, last night i fight will the problem, and i got my sound, now my hack work really smooth, but find out another small issue with the Bios, when i start press PW button, it take around 5 - 8 second to get to logo, and then 10 sec from logo to clover menu, is that normal, i think when boot with UEFI stuff it much really fast then. And i try to hide some useless partions from the menu.

You're welcome!

Regarding your issue with BIOS boot times, I would suggest disconnecting all your drives except the system's drive and see what happens. Some hard drives and/or DVD-ROM drives take more time to spin up and get ready for work, so BIOS waits for them to be ready, and this can slow down your boot times.

In general, if with just your system drive connected the BIOS boots faster, it seems logical to think that some other SATA device is causing your BIOS to wait for its boot and, subsequently, booting itself slower.

Hope it makes sense and helps!

ultrazone...

I encountered a big issue at first. 2 of 2 USB drives can't be formatted due to Error -9999, 2
View attachment 89098

I downloaded Mavericks in October 2013, after having payed downloaded regularly also Mountain Lion.

I can't mount Mavericks partition on my destop, neither see it inside Utility Disk...

What gives?
Thanls for any help
ws

Hi!

Your issue comes from being on 10.6.8. I've never encountered this error in my systems but it is documented. Please have a look at the following link: http://www.oddzuki.com/bootable-os-x-mavericks-usb-flash-drive-9999-error-fix/.

Avoiding this 9999 error with the guide I've provided involves several changes in the way of creating your USB installer, so be advised! (you know, not for the faint of heart).

So have a look at this info or just google this: "terminal error (-9999 0)". Tell us what you discover so far, maybe there are other users with this issue.

Hope it helps!

Thanks again ultrazone

I found also http://eric.gavaletz.com/2013/10/making-os-x-mavericks-usb-installer.html
All in all are the same advices, although a little more ordered

Also this guide is pretty good http://www.macworld.com/article/2056561/how-to-make-a-bootable-mavericks-install-drive.html

Hi!

Your issue comes from being on 10.6.8. I've never encountered this error in my systems but it is documented. Please have a look at the following link: http://www.oddzuki.com/bootable-os-x-mavericks-usb-flash-drive-9999-error-fix/.

Avoiding this 9999 error with the guide I've provided involves several changes in the way of creating your USB installer, so be advised! (you know, not for the faint of heart).

So have a look at this info or just google this: "terminal error (-9999 0)". Tell us what you discover so far, maybe there are other users with this issue.

Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back