Contribute
Register

Ultimate Hack Mini? (Using Intel Mobo DH61AG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WonkeyDonkey said:
Gigabyte has announced a board very similar to the Intel board, but not available out in the market yet.

Do you have any links for this at all ?

:?:
This, but not available at this time.

Gigabyte GA-MSH61DI

gamsh61di.jpg

slowjin said:
Here is an update:

After struggling with getting Lion installed fresh, using UniBeast, I am now up and running and able to boot from HDD.
@neilhart actually is the first to have gotten this board up and running, and although I have not tested yet, he has practically everything up and running minus sleep/wake. I will conduct further testing myself.

My Hardware:

Viako ML-55 case
Intel DH61AG Thin Mini-ITX board
2GB DDR3 204-pin 1333 Samsung RAM (this will be replaced later, but for the time being, I took these out of my T420S laptop)
19V/4.7A AC Adapter that came with the Viako case
GELID Slim Silence heatsync/fan (28mm tall)
Samsung 3.5" HDD Spinpoint (this will be replace with a notebook HDD on its way and later on down the road hopefully mSATA SSD that will go into the full mPCI-e slot on this mono)
UniBeast USB

Now that I have Lion successfully loaded, I will finish up my build once all parts come in, and will post my build when finished.

Does the system sleep/wake correctly?

What kind of difficulties (if any) you encountered getting Lion properly installed?

Many thanks, you project is very interesting!

balnazzar said:
slowjin said:
Here is an update:

After struggling with getting Lion installed fresh, using UniBeast, I am now up and running and able to boot from HDD.
@neilhart actually is the first to have gotten this board up and running, and although I have not tested yet, he has practically everything up and running minus sleep/wake. I will conduct further testing myself.

My Hardware:

Viako ML-55 case
2GB DDR3 204-pin 1333 Samsung RAM (this will be replaced later, but for the time being, I took these out of my T420S laptop)
Samsung 3.5" HDD Spinpoint (this will be replace with a notebook HDD on its way and later on down the road hopefully mSATA SSD that will go into the full mPCI-e slot on this mono)
UniBeast USB

Now that I have Lion successfully loaded, I will finish up my build once all parts come in, and will post my build when finished.

What kind of difficulties (if any) you encountered getting Lion properly installed?

Read again that post! I can't believe it that you can't see it!
everything up and running minus sleep/wake.

Mate94 said:
balnazzar said:
slowjin said:
Here is an update:

My Hardware:

Viako ML-55 case
UniBeast USB

Read again that post! I can't believe it that you can't see it!
everything up and running minus sleep/wake.

Sorry, I missed this. Thanks anyway.

balnazzar said:

@balnazzar:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=41231

Checkout this thread where more experienced folks are tackling this board as well. My personal opinion is that there are P55 Intel board DSDT's in the DSDT database, so it is matter of time before we straighten out sleep/wake and other new issues that may arise.

Again, even without sleep/wake, I think it is a great hack mini board to pack in the smallest SFF cases.

slowjin said:
balnazzar said:

@balnazzar:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=41231

Checkout this thread where more experienced folks are tackling this board as well. My personal opinion is that there are P55 Intel board DSDT's in the DSDT database, so it is matter of time before we straighten out sleep/wake and other new issues that may arise.

Again, even without sleep/wake, I think it is a great hack mini board to pack in the smallest SFF cases.

Thanks. With such an energy efficient board, the absence of sleep is actually not an issue.

I can't believe the obvious question hasn't been asked yet, where did you source your case from? I had never heard of Viako before, and now feel like I must have one of their cases.

Thanks,

-peel

thepeel said:
I can't believe the obvious question hasn't been asked yet, where did you source your case from? I had never heard of Viako before, and now feel like I must have one of their cases.

Thanks,

-peel

I ordered it from the vendor directly. You can check out their cases at http://viako.com/viako/index.asp and send order inquiries to [email protected].

You need to be very specific about what you are ordering, as they are constantly making changes to their product line it seems. The case you are looking at is ML-55 and a power kit, which is a 19V 4.74A adapter but no PSU because this case is mated with the DH61AG board which has a built-in PSU. Viako does offer a 5A 100W and 8A 120W power kit separately (they are not picoPSUs). Unfortunately ML-55 only comes with a hole that will fit a 5mm DC jack.

If you need more info, I can help to a certain degree. As you can imagine these are great cases but DHL for most of these cases run around $40. Unlike Habey 600 cases, this ML-55 comes with a 2.5"HDD bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back