Contribute
Register

UHD 630 NO HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached to this post. In Linux, the HDMI devices shows up as "Intel Kabylake HDMI" with Vendor Id: 0x8086280b

Regards

I was just checking if layout-id=3 was valid for your audio codec with AppleALC.
(3 is valid, as are others)

Try injecting an invalid device-id (such as 0x1234).

Try injecting an invalid device-id (such as 0x1234).
Tried, no luck. PR files attached. On-board audio works, HDMI audio doesn't.

P.S: Regarding some extra properties on IGPU, as injecting EDID for secondary display leads to no display on internal screen, I prefer to use -cfledidinject boot-flag to control the injections. Workings can be found here

Regards

Attachments

• BogusID_No_HDMI_Audio.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 103
Tried, no luck. PR files attached. On-board audio works, HDMI audio doesn't.

P.S: Regarding some extra properties on IGPU, as injecting EDID for secondary display leads to no display on internal screen, I prefer to use -cfledidinject boot-flag to control the injections. Workings can be found here

Regards

Now use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and injection of device-id it recognizes along with experimenting with RM,device-id to see if you can get both HDMI audio and analog audio working.

Keep in mind: Any change you make that breaks analog audio is not going to help with HDMI audio.

Hey @RehabMan okay so I think we are getting somewhere close and only a step or two away from pointing out what the issue exactly is.

I am attaching PR files for the 3 scenarios. Describing them one by one below:

Scenario 1:
Injecting a bogus device-id on HDEF, leads to no FakePCIID load (expected) and no on-board audio but what it does interestingly is, the audio device on @1F,3,2 is not null as is recognized as 8086xxxx (confirming it's intel's device).
The PR files for this scenario are labelled as: alc_hdmi_non_null

Scenario 2:
Injecting another CFL device-id 0x9dc8 leads to attaching of FakePCIID to HDEF node, analog audio works fine but no HDMI audio codec is detected at @1F,3,2. In this case, Info.plist of Intel_HDMI* was modified to inject Rm,device-id 0x9D70 when matching to 0x9dc8.
The PR files for this scenario are labelled and attached as: FakeID_Loads_NO_HDMI_ANALOG_WORKS

Scenario 3:
Injecting a HASW device-id 0xac0 leads to working on-board audio. But HDMI codec is not being detected at all at @1F,3,2.
The PR files for this scenario are labelled and attached as: HSW_ID_ANALOG_NO_HDMI

The gist of all three scenarios from what I could gather is, Intel HDMI codec only loads when the on-board audio is not working and has a device-id that shouldn't match the ids of intel HDA controllers.

P.S: I have also turned on debugging logs for AppleALC, you can find them in kenrel_log.

Thanks a lot for reading it all. Waiting for your review.
Regards

Attachments

• alc_hdmi_non_null.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
  • FakeID_Loads_NO_HDMI_ANALOG_WORKS.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
  • HSW_ID_ANALOG_NO_HDMI.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
In this case, Info.plist of Intel_HDMI* was modified to inject Rm,device-id 0x9D70 when matching to 0x9dc8.

No need to change the Info.plist.
You can inject RM,device-id to control which id is used for spoofing.
Also makes experimenting with different ids much easier (as it is just a config.plist change).

And that was the crux of my last reply. Use a "device-id" inject that keeps analog audio working and matches against FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. Then experiment with different values of RM,device-id to see if you can get HDMI audio working.

No need to change the Info.plist.
You can inject RM,device-id to control which id is used for spoofing.
Also makes experimenting with different ids much easier (as it is just a config.plist change).

And that was the crux of my last reply. Use a "device-id" inject that keeps analog audio working and matches against FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. Then experiment with different values of RM,device-id to see if you can get HDMI audio working.
I know it’s much to ask but could you suggest me a bunch of RM,device-ids to try with? Been trying but in vain.
Regards

I know it’s much to ask but could you suggest me a bunch of RM,device-ids to try with? Been trying but in vain.
Regards

Start with those in the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio Info.plist.

Start with those in the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio Info.plist.
Hey!

Tried with every ID. FakePCIID attaches and analog works only when device-id is 0x9dc8 or 0x9d70.

Can't seem to get HDMI Audio to work.

Attaching debug files for review.

Also, what do you think is the cause of so many issues on CFL hardware, coz it's new and are you doing some research on that pesky 3 min black screen issue?

Attachments

• debug_18797.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
Hey!

Tried with every ID. FakePCIID attaches and analog works only when device-id is 0x9dc8 or 0x9d70.

Can't seem to get HDMI Audio to work.

Attaching debug files for review.

Also, what do you think is the cause of so many issues on CFL hardware, coz it's new and are you doing some research on that pesky 3 min black screen issue?

If you've already tried experimenting with RM,device-id (your reply is not clear), then I have no other suggestions for you.

If you've already tried experimenting with RM,device-id (your reply is not clear), then I have no other suggestions for you.
Yeah. Tried with every id in the config.plist of FakePCIID.

It just doesn’t work.

No suggestions means it's not possible? Like, technically, it should work, right? Or has there been changes in the way things work, one that you might know of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back