Contribute
Register

U410 KP after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never installed another PS2Controller so I dont really think they were there anyway but I ran the terminal commands to remove them. It probably was just the second reboot that improved the responsiveness idk.

I never installed another PS2Controller so I dont really think they were there anyway but I ran the terminal commands to remove them. It probably was just the second reboot that improved the responsiveness idk.

If you didn't get an error from 'rm' when removing them saying the files didn't exist, then the drivers must have been installed. And if you had no PS2 drivers installed prior to that, you would not have been able to use the built-in keyboard or trackpad and would have been forced to use a USB keyboard/mouse.

I have only been using USB keyboard and mouse, and I didnt see an error. Trying to get audio working, broke my graphics and used single user mode to remove dsdt from extra and copy my backup from the desktop back to /extra/ **(I am backup and running with the good dsdt).. I tried to use an alternate dsdt at the bootloader but it wasnt working right perhaps I was parsing it incorrectly? dsdt=/Users/myname/Desktop/dsdt.aml

I have only been using USB keyboard and mouse, and I didnt see an error. Trying to get audio working, broke my graphics and used single user mode to remove dsdt from extra and copy my backup from the desktop back to /extra/ **(I am backup and running with the good dsdt).. I tried to use an alternate dsdt at the bootloader but it wasnt working right perhaps I was parsing it incorrectly? dsdt=/Users/myname/Desktop/dsdt.aml

It is probably best to keep your DSDT backups in /Extra, then just refer by name... DSDT=backup.aml

I think there is a way to do what you were trying to do, but you have to give it the hd/partition:
dsdt=hd(0,1)/Users/myname/Desktop/dsdt.aml

Thank You. I'm only seeing pstates 8 and 19. I expect to see a few higher pstates, am I just going to have to play around with the smbios and use those that inject the X86platformplugin ? Before with SB power management I was getting 8,19,24. Using macbookair5,2 right now.

For my notes:

Patches I would recommend:

- IRQ fix
- RTC fix
- Brightness Fix
- 7-series USB
- Whatever you need for patched AppleHDA...
- Eventual AirPort patch for WiFi (??? not sure of your status on replacing the Wifi?)
- SMBUS fix
- IGPU Rename
- HD4000 Low Resolution
- Lenovo Ux10-Z580 (battery patch)

That should be enough to start with. Apply them one at a time and test in between.

There are some other changes in there (likely an XHC[USB3] patch and a few other things), sometimes it is hard to tell apart patches from differences in the original...

BTW: It would be a good idea for you to do the diffmerge yourself comparing the two files. The patches I list above are in the approximate order I saw changes that relate to patches.

Been playing around with different patches but no luck on audio. Can you point me in the general direction for that? Overall the DSDT I am using right now only has your patch for HD4000 low res, battery patch for uX10. I have added only your ps2 kext, your battery kext, and AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext from multibeast. I am also attaching the output of kextstat. I tried installing the latest voodooHDA but no results.

I deleted the kext from S/L/E and also the prefspane. Refreshed cache and repaired permissions seems no adverse effects, I will probably do a clean install after I know what works.

Graphics are working great. I tried a few other dsdt graphics patches (edited the framebuffer before applying) but yours actually loads the fastest. The battery daemon also starts up very quick. Have not really played with the trackpad yet using USB keyboard and mouse for all the work..

Been playing around with different patches but no luck on audio. Can you point me in the general direction for that?

First, you need patched AppleHDA appropriate for your codec. I would think the same AppleHDA used on the U310 would be used on your U410 (they might share a motherboard). And you need various DSDT patches to inject various properties for it (layout-id, etc.). (IRQ Fix also)

I believe the "Layout 12 (advanced)" patch in my repo represents the data from a U310, but you will want to check against ikkoku's DSDT.

Check the U310 threads...

Overall the DSDT I am using right now only has your patch for HD4000 low res, battery patch for uX10. I have added only your ps2 kext, your battery kext, and AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext from multibeast. I am also attaching the output of kextstat. I tried installing the latest voodooHDA but no results.

VoodooHDA is not recommended. Better results/stability generally with patched AppleHDA.

The layout referenced in your repo actually mentions my exact codec--- Conexant 20672. Although I still have some research to do regarding the audio.. When I'm done I'll post up a summary. Determined to get as native support as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back