Contribute
Register

U410 KP after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to hide the bluetooth icon in the menubar after disabling bluetooth in bios?

Is it possible to hide the bluetooth icon in the menubar after disabling bluetooth in bios?

Hold down the Option key and drag it off.

Thank You...

Is it possible for the PS2 Keyboard and Trackpad to intiate wake from sleep?

I don't know how that works. It would have to remain on slightly so it could generate some sort of interrupt or interact with the GPE. All that stuff is still a mystery to me. The ACPI spec has some info on this, but it isn't very clear (to me). And it could have something to do with the fact that no Macs come with PS2 interfaces -- the built-in keyboard/trackpad is USB.

It could also be something I could/should be doing in the PS2 kexts...

I'm going to write up a guide for the U310/U410, would ikkoku or xmyukon be interested in collecting some data for me regarding your battery life? Just do a test to see how long it takes the battery to die with continuous "typical" use in 10.9

Also what System Definitions are you using? I'm using MBA5,2.

XMYUKON did you ever test your HDMI audio? :)

In IOReg the values were different :)

I'm going to write up a guide for the U310/U410, would ikkoku or xmyukon be interested in collecting some data for me regarding your battery life? Just do a test to see how long it takes the battery to die with continuous "typical" use in 10.9

Also what System Definitions are you using? I'm using MBA5,2.

XMYUKON did you ever test your HDMI audio? :)

so today's usage...

10am full charge, unplug unit
streamed 1:30 of video
3 hour break
2 hours surfing on and off while watching football
9% remaining (menubar icon says :21 mins remaining)
everything using chrome via wifi

so today's usage...

10am full charge, unplug unit
streamed 1:30 of video
3 hour break
2 hours surfing on and off while watching football
9% remaining (menubar icon says :21 mins remaining)
everything using chrome via wifi

Mine is similar on ML. When I have time to switch to Mavericks I will, but right now I'm pretty busy with school. I'm also using USB Wi-Fi which seems to use less battery when I was on Windows. Also take note both of you that the touch screen drains battery. I don't know how I can just disable it... Rehabman?

MBA5,1

Mine is similar on ML. When I have time to switch to Mavericks I will, but right now I'm pretty busy with school. I'm also using USB Wi-Fi which seems to use less battery when I was on Windows. Also take note both of you that the touch screen drains battery. I don't know how I can just disable it... Rehabman?

MBA5,1

Touchscreen is a USB device. I don't know much about USB, whether there is a way to turn off a specific USB device via the USB interface (in a generic way) or whether the device has to have some sort of support for a sleep mode (or off mode).

Obviously, you could take the laptop apart and unplug the touchscreen from the USB bus.

MBA5,1

I have a non touch model but rehabman is right you could unplug it if you wanted lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back