Graphics
Nvidia GTX 650 ti 1024 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello folks,

I have a problem with my headset, the Turtle Beach P11. This headset has 2 buttons, a chat button for my VOIP like Skype and a game button for all the other volume as seen on the picture below.

l_11978333_004.jpg

The problem I have, which is a quite common problem, is that these buttons do not work as they should. The GAME button does nothing and the CHAT button manages both my VOIP and Game sound. I had this problem with my Windows PC as well and the fix was very easy, explained here: http://support.turtlebeach.com/entry/830517289/

In short: In the playback tab I had to set my default device as the build in speakers instead of the Turtle Beach Headset. This solved the problem very easily and this is nearly the exact same way as I should be able to solve it on a Mac.
Mac:
1. Click the Apple menu icon and go to System Preferences > Sound.
2. On the Output tab, set "Internal Speakers/Built-In Output" as your default audio device.
3. On the Output tab, increase to Output Volume slider to maximum.
4. On the Input tab, set your Turtle Beach USB Headset as the device for sound input.
5. On the Input tab, adjust the Input Volume slider to adjust the mic sensitivity to your preference.
6. In your chat program (e.g. Skype, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak), set its Mic and Playback to the Turtle Beach USB Headset.
7. In your game, set the sound playback device to your computer's default audio interface or sound card (if your game has these controls).

Step 2 is where it goes wrong (highlighted in red). I only see my Turtle Beach as playback device. Despite that there is nothing in the list. "Internal Speakers/Built-In-Output" just isn't there. This is quite frustrating and if anyone can help me out, I'd be very, very happy.

Hope this is enough information and if you have any questions about my system, just take a look at my profile.

Best regards, Thijmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back