Contribute
Register

Trying to use a 2 TB Hard Drive For mac and Windows PLZ HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8 Z77-V
CPU
I7 3770K @ 4.2 GHZ
Graphics
EVGA Ge Force GTX 680 FTW+ 4Gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok guys so I have 3 hard drives:

150Gb: Containing Windows 7
150Gb: Containing Mac osx Mountain Lion
2Tb : with 4 Partitions with ntfs 3 of which i want to use for windows and have many files on them, and the fouth i want to use for My mac files

How can i do this?

Because they are ntfs format so they show up on mountain lion, i can read them but not write to them. I want to use the fouth partition from the 2 tb for my mac files ( yes i know i said it again lol). So guys plz help!

What i tried was deleting the fouth partition on windows 7 (the one I want to use for mac files) so it shows unallocated space in disk management, and then trying to use disk utility to make a mac os extended journled partition so i can use it for my mac. But the option was not available to partition, only partitioning the whole 2 tb drive option was avabliable.

And yes i also checked the drive info on mountian lion, is said it was master boot record. My mac drive is guid of corse so guys plz help!!

I hope someone can help me out on this, Ill really be thankful if you guys can cheers! :)

Get on Disk Utility on your mac. Click the hard drive you want to format.

go into the partition tab.
make it 1 partition
change the format to MS-DOS (FAT)
then click Apply.

there you go son.

Screen Shot 2013-03-01 at 11.31.33 PM.png

First: Thanks for the reply! :)

Second: Um wouldn't that delete my files on that hard drive, because I have files on that hard drive which are windows 7 files, I want to keep those for windows 7. But want to create a partition from it for mac, I tried to erase a partition but I get this error: couldn't modify partition map.

But I tried again and again to erase it, and it just formatted lol! I dont how but its done now, thanks btw your answer did open my eyes!- help me erase a partition! Lol :D... not the whole drive (you answer was telling me to erase whole drive). But thanks again!

Thanks in advance

Lol not a problem... you still helped me :D :thumbup:

My Hackintosh works! like a charm!!!... Lovin it! :headbang:

Thanks again man! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back