Contribute
Register

Trying to update from Mavericks. Few issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the sequence matters for those options. I don't remember now what sequence I used but either one should be OK, as long as all 4 options are there.

I don't think the sequence matters for those options. I don't remember now what sequence I used but either one should be OK, as long as all 4 options are there.
it doesnt even boot. it just a bunch of writing and it says "OS NOT YET SET"

IMG_20141018_150609_452.jpg

when i use the -v -f -x maxmem=4096 this is all i get

Yea nothing but a blank screen and the mouse cursor. i am genuinely confused

there is nothing its letting me do but let the stupid cursor fly around the screen

There's an option "nvda_drv=1" in the list of options - where's that coming from? I have a GTX760 but I didn't have to include that flag. I don't even know what it does.

Maybe you could track down that flag to see where it's coming from and try to remove it?

i have the nvidia GTX 660

its just been sitting on the blank screen for awhile now. it gave the load up screen first like it was going to finish the install and i have nothing.

I would remove the nvda_drv=1 and try it again. Where that's coming from, though, is a mystery... if I had to guess, it's a Kernel Flag setting in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file on your USB drive.

IIRC the nvda_drv=1 option is only necessary if you're using Nvidia's drivers. At this point in the install you're still using Apple's drivers so you shouldn't need that option.

I would remove the nvda_drv=1 and try it again. Where that's coming from, though, is a mystery... if I had to guess, it's a Kernel Flag setting in the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file on your USB drive.

IIRC the nvda_drv=1 option is only necessary if you're using Nvidia's drivers. At this point in the install you're still using Apple's drivers so you shouldn't need that option.
i just decided to say **** it and do a clean install i think the previous nvidia drivers were messing with it.

i have all my stuff backed up onto a 2 TB WD black drive. I just have to reinstall all my progs.

That's probably best. I tried the upgrade-from-Mavericks route initially and it was nothing but kernel panics. I had everything backed up to Time Machine so it was easier to just wipe the OSX drive clean and start from scratch. Good luck!

everything is up and working great, ran multibeast and installed most of the drivers along with my wireless card and its great.

im really impressed with this OSX after the botch job that is Mavericks OSX aka Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back