Contribute
Register

Trying to "roll my own" DSDT for ASRock H77M-ITX: HELP! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used the word generally, as there are some occurrences of different board models being practically identical. eg. they are meant for different markets, or one feature is removed etc but other than that they are the same board.

the majority of the time the answer is no though.

best thing would be to try and make your own using the info in this thread, or ask mieze very nicely to edit yours for you

Had to say something. It is hard as hell to get any help around here.

However I digress....you said generally and that tells me otherwise. Possible then....

Why don't you create a DSDT for your board yourself. We will help you! First extract it using DSDT Editor and then start to correct the errors.

Mieze

Thank you very very much Krahim, that helped a lot.

Everything is working, I just didn't used the key and string in the chameleon.boot.plist, because it was giving me some problems, as I'm not actually using FullHD resolution.
Also waking from sleep takes about 60 to 90 sec, anyone has figured out how to solve that?

Thank you again

i dont use sleep so I haven't really tried to remedy this. (yes, the problem exists for me too).

what problems were you getting with the string? i'm having some tearing sometimes, generally fixed with a restart. sometimes mouse pointer wants to play hide and seek.

Why don't you create a DSDT for your board yourself. We will help you! First extract it using DSDT Editor and then start to correct the errors.

Mieze

Thanks for that PM Mieze....although I am not that advanced. LOL!!! Will give it a shot though!

Thanks for that PM Mieze....although I am not that advanced. LOL!!! Will give it a shot though!

Please feel free to contact me in case you need further assistance. Good luck!

Mieze

Hi again,

The problems with the string, was that when I was using different resolutions as my monitor didn't support full hd, image went crazy, showing strange colors, distorted pictures, and duplicated images, similar problems to the ones you get when you have a burned graphic card.
I've been searching for a solution to the waking from sleep problem, still not succeeded, it takes 79 sec. And this is one of the features from Mac that I like the most having your computer ready in like 4 sec :S.

Thank you again,

I'll post again if I've got any news

Hi again,

Now I'm having another issue, which is mainly the same that happened with the string, but this time, is whenever a program (game) uses a resolution different than native, the screen gets divided, first half is with strange colors and distorted picture, and second half is completely black, the only thing I can do when that happens is cmd+m to put in windowed mode.

Hello,

someone was able to make sleep work with the bios + DSDT posted by krahim786 here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/5553...sdt-asrock-h77m-itx-help-11.html#post410223)?

i was able to setup hdmi+audio but sleep still cause a black screen

here the log after a reboot

Oct 9 18:43:45 localhost kernel[0]: Sleep failure code 0x00000000 0x21006700
Oct 9 18:43:45 localhost kernel[0]: waitForSystemMapper
Oct 9 18:43:45 localhost kernel[0]: Backtrace 0xffffff8000588f7e 0xffffff8000711367 0xffffff80002323c7 0xffffff80002b26b7 0 0 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back