Contribute
Register

Trying to install on GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 F11 using legacy mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer name and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!

I get to the "post installation" phase, and end up in an install loop. El Capitan is installed but after
restart, the clover USB bootloader does not see the disk with El Capitan on it. If I choose the usb boot again
it just starts to install over again.

I've been running LION and SNOW LEOPARD for quite a while without problems on this machine.
I'm not trying to upgrade, but installing on a clean disk.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

-rick

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I get to the "post installation" phase, and end up in an install loop. El Capitan is installed but after
restart, the clover USB bootloader does not see the disk with El Capitan on it. If I choose the usb boot again
it just starts to install over again.

I've been running LION and SNOW LEOPARD for quite a while without problems on this machine.
I'm not trying to upgrade, but installing on a clean disk.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

-rick

Same here, Installation was complete, but couldn't move forward to post-installation. Not sure why it is able to load from USB and finish installation, but couldn't load properly on the HardDisk after boot.

I got to see what and why it was looping with verbose mode enabled. It was trying to load some drivers on each loop...finally, it came to a gray screen with the mouse able to move around and all verbose stopped. Nothing further, then computer went to sleep. I woke it up and still in the gray screen with the mouse able to move around. I have an Asus Z97-AR MoBo.

Anyone else having this issue? Should we try other boot flags?

Thanks,

myvekdrifters (TKL)

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Same here, Installation was complete, but couldn't move forward to post-installation. Not sure why it is able to load from USB and finish installation, but couldn't load properly on the HardDisk after boot.

I got to see what and why it was looping with verbose mode enabled. It was trying to load some drivers on each loop...finally, it came to a gray screen with the mouse able to move around and all verbose stopped. Nothing further, then computer went to sleep. I woke it up and still in the gray screen with the mouse able to move around. I have an Asus Z97-AR MoBo.

Anyone else having this issue? Should we try other boot flags?

Thanks,

myvekdrifters (TKL)

i found another thread that posted yesterday by Critycal and was able to resolve this issue with Nv_disable=1 will get me booted to do post install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back