Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I'm working on a Mountain Lion install on a Dell XPS 17" L702X.

A plain vanilla install with UniBeast 1.5.1 get's me pretty far, but so far I've had to add a couple of kexts to get the battery icon to work properly, and I was hoping it would be a similar affair to get audio working. Sadly, it seems not.

I've had a look at some other posts around the web, and it appears that audio is the hardest part of getting this Dell to work =/.

The one I have has these specs: i7-2670QM, 3D NVida, and I think, ACL655 Audio.

Can someone point me in the right direction here? (Toleda?) I'm happy to do the leg work to make this happen. I've played around with custom-built DSDT files, but nothing really Earth-shattering there. I do have a working GA-Z77X-UD5H + 3770K build that is humming along nicely too (although, I am far away from it at the moment =/)

Anyway, where do I start tracking this down so all of us Dell XPS L702X users can have Mountain Lion?

Hi, how did u get this done ? I have l702x with 3D nVidia and been trying to install ML using unibeast with no luck. I can't even get to the installer. Can U help ? Thank You.

I have a Dell XPS L702X and installed mountain Lion on it today.

I needed to use the -x boot argument to get into the installer and post install I was only able to get to the desktop using -f -x GraphicsEnabler=No

I now have a working installation of Mountain Lion without sound, video modes or WI-FI but I am extremely happy so far.

I have tried running multi-beast but to no effect so far (I`m sure its because I have no idea what I am doing)

I cannot get ML to boot from the hard drive but have to use the USB stick each time so and help progressing this would be great.

Hi, thanks for Your input, however I`m unable to get to the installer with -x parameter I was trying all possible combination and nothing. I was wonder if this can have something to do with my ssd drive, do I need to prepare it somehow ? I pulled the drive from my other laptop with win8 on it and was planing to reformat upon ML installation do U have any clue ??

Thanks !

Hey, I'm actually in between getting XPS L702X or 15z, but with ultimate cause of having 3 operating systems on the go (Windows 8, Ubuntu, and Mountain Lion) because of my work.

Which one would you recommend ?
Do you see L702x being a viable Hackint0sh machine ?

Hi all
I too could install Monutain Lion on my Dell Xps 17 3D. But the sad thing is that i could not get voice in it. So had to switch back to lion which works perfectly for me (sure the audio is not high tech as in windows). So if anyone gets any good luck regarding audio plz send it.

Have you tried to rollback your AppleHDA from your Lion-Installation? That did the trick with me. So there IS hope!

Mine is a L702X 16GB RAM 3D NVIDIA - Beside some phenomenons (fun with sandboxd and reinstallation of essentials.pkg) I was able to use some kexts from my 10.7.2 installation.

Edit: With a modded a19 Bios nullcpupowermanagment is no longer necessary with my i7-2820qm, with a modded DSDT and the HDA-Enabler sound works with UseKernelCache=No. Still working on KernelCache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back