RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a very strong need to create a standard USB installer for High Sierra. It is for a Mac Mini that went nipples up last month due to a hard drive implosion.

I have replaced the necessary hardware. But, the recovery system absolutely refuses to install High Sierra or any other MacOS to this machine.

All my other machines are running Catalina. And, whenever I access the App Store to download HS... They all refuse to download the installer. The system update window opens and, displays an "Update not Found" error. (also, my MacPro(actual) on catalina refuses to download it)

So, I am looking for a way to properly download HS to restore this old (but trusty) mac mini.

Any ideas?

Take a read here - some of the OSX installers were re-issued by Apple recently due to expired security certificates etc.

You can download refereshed versions without needing to use the App Store.

:thumbup:

Edit : On some of them you get an App Store link, on others you get a direct file download link. Either should work for your needs.

Last edited:
Take a read here - some of the OSX installers were re-issued by Apple recently due to expired security certificates etc.

You can download refereshed versions without needing to use the App Store.

Thank you! It is downloading the new version now.

After you mentioned the expired certs... I realized that the reason the darned thing wouldn't install on the mini was probably due to the fact that I was using a boot USB created when the machine was first updated to HS... three years ago. So, perhaps the hair-pulling will be over soon - albeit for reasons other than I initially thought.

i will use createinstallmedia and see what happens now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back