Contribute
Register

Trying to disable my Nivida GTX1660ti card

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need the two patches highlighted in the config.plist, they can be deleted. As they are just placeholders added by the OC developers, to show you where any ACPI patches should go. There are other unnecessary entries in the OC Sample.plist that is used to create the config.plist for our systems, all set as false, they can also be removed.

I have gone through the OC config.plist you attached above, and removed the unnecessary entries. A cleaned up copy of the config.plist is attached. You probably don't need the USB-Reset SSDT. Removing it won't hurt your system, the config entry for this SSDT has been removed from the config below.

Remove the SSDT-DDGPU-v2.aml. I have had another look at this, as I may have made a mistake in the ACPI address.

The (_SB.PCI0.PEG1.PEGP) device address may have required another '_' so it looks like this (_SB_.PCI0.PEG1.PEGP) to match the Location Paths entry shown above. I based the SSDT on the Bios device name, which is slightly different, the OC Disable GPU guide says to use the other address.

SSDT-DDGPU-v3.aml is attached. I have added a second config2.plist, based on the cleaned up config, which contains an entry for the SSDT-DDGPU-v3.aml

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 36
  • SSDT-DDGPU-v3.aml.zip
    816 bytes · Views: 36
  • config2.plist.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 36
I tried the SSDT-DDGPU-v3 with no luck,
but when I compare it with v2 they look the same...
Should I add "_" to _SB.PCI0.PEG1.PEGP?

Attachments

• v2_v3 compare.png
    v2_v3 compare.png
    291.6 KB · Views: 30
  • SSDT-DDGPU-v2.aml
    146 bytes · Views: 37
  • SSDT-DDGPU-v3.aml
    146 bytes · Views: 36
No, when the table is saved from .dsl to .aml format two of the edited entries revert to (\_SB.PCI0.PEG1.PEGP._off)

A copy of the disassembled table is attached so you can see what was used to create the v3 AML table.

Just to confirm you can;t edit an AML table, the changes won't work. The table has to be disassembled first, then it can be edited, then it needs to be saved to .aml format (ACPI Machine Language Binary), using MaciASL or a similar application.

Attachments

• SSDT-DDGPU-v3.dsl.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 38
It seem to have worked with this SSDT (v3), only thing now is that I see some strange things. Youtube seems to work fine...
I´ve also added a screen recording of the issue

Attachments

• Strange_display_issue.png
    Strange_display_issue.png
    369.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Recording 2021-02-14 at 16.47.57.zip
    923.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Graphics artefacts. It could be an Intel Framebuffer issue.

Can you remove your Nvidia Card temporarily to see if the artefacts appear when just the IGPU is installed. You can add the Nvidia card back in once we know if it is part of the issue or not.

I fixed it by disabling "Use hardware acceleration when available" in chrome.
When I take out the dGPU it works fine with "Use hardware acceleration" in chrome.
I noticed that when I shut down the computer to take out the dGPU, after exiting MacOS, the screen goes black
with a few random dots on the screen.

Another thing I saw was that with the dGPU installed, the Graphics portion of the "About this Mac" is missing.

Attachments

• Chrome Hardware acceleration.png
    Chrome Hardware acceleration.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 29
  • About This Mac no dGPU.png
    About This Mac no dGPU.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 31
  • About This Mac with dGPU.png
    About This Mac with dGPU.png
    84 KB · Views: 26
I don't use Chrome, so I would never have offered or suggested that fix to you.

The Graphics section being empty is cosmetic. It doesn't effect the way the system works.

Ok,
Is there somewhere I can see memory used for iGPU besides "abou this mac"?

Select the System Report button on the 'About This Mac' screen. This opens System Information window. Navigate to the Graphics section and you should see your IGPU details, including the level of Vram available.

I´m seeing the Nvidia card and not the iGPU...?

Attachments

• System Info Graphics_Display.png
    System Info Graphics_Display.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back