Contribute
Register

Try install OS X 10.9 on GA Z87X-D3H, i5-4670K ( UNSUCCESSFUL )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

CPU: Intel Core
i5-4670K
MB: Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
RAM: 8Gb
Display connected to DVI port on motherboard!

WARNINGs:
1. If you have display connected to VGA port on motherboard you can boot with flag PCIRootUID=1 but after system installation the second loading from a unibeast's flashcard is NOT POSSIBLE WITH CONNECTED TO VGA PORT display. Loading flags won't help. OS X HAS NO SUPPORT FOR VGA by default. Maybe OS X don't have native support VGA (i don't know). You need have to be connect display to DVI. Find an adapter with DVI->VGA or the compatible DVI display for correct booting progress. Look for your display and check for port maybe your display support DVI and you need cable DVI only. In future installations i recommend connect display to DVI or HDMI.

You need download:
1. USB Flash prepared by unibeast 3.0.1. This tonymac 10.9 guide will help to you prepear.
2. Multibeast 6.0.1

1. Just MAC.
Find the real Macintosh (Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac, etc) or virtual machine with the installed Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later.

2. Choose step 2.1 if you don't have AppleID account (not recommend) OR step 2.2 to create boot USB-Flash.
2.1. Download "Install OS X Mavericks.app" <5Gb>. Sometimes this app archived to zip or rar.
copy archive to desktop on MAC.
unarchive and copy "Install OS X Mavericks.app" to /Applications folder.
copy UniBeast - 3.0.1.pkg on desktop and follow instructions from STEP 2:Create a Bootable USB Drive Using Unibeast
2.2. Prepare bootable USB-Flash by unibeast 3.0.1 using MAC (This official tonymac 10.9 guide will help)

3. Install
4. After install OSX reboot from unibest's USB-Flash to your OSX on harddrive and run MultiBeast 6.0.1.
5. Choose QuickStart->FreeDSDT and Install.
6. Now i boot from hdd but boot0 error. (now only possible boot to hdd OSX from unibeast's USB-flash choosing osx on hdd and boot without any flags)

Hey Dentro... I just got mine running same processor motherboard Z87N-WIFI.

Updating the bios fix all the problems for me. After booting from the usb I couldn't get in to the installation process, It was getting stuck on the apple logo, sometimes just a black screen.

I think this motherboard comes with the F2 Bios and the new update is F4. Update and I think this is going to fix the problem. Also make sure your usb works properly.

Cheers...

:geek:

Boot from unibeast's USB-flash fixed.
If you boot with connected monitor to VGA-port set boot flag PCIRootUID=1.

I think that only the unibeast's bootloader /kexts supports various video ports (VGA/DVI/HDMI) which can be included various flags.

But after installation it is PCIRootUID=1 flag to you won't help because OS X HAS NO SUPPORT FOR VGA by default. Maybe OS X don't have native support VGA (i don't know). And in future i recommend connect to DVI or HDMI.

Now installed OS X from USB-flash finished. After install restart , try second boot from USB-flash with flag PCIRootUID=1 but this way impossible because VGA (I wrote above) isn't supported. Now i connect monitor to DVI port and second boot from USB-flash to HDD-OSX partition is successful. Now i will try to install bootloader and kexts (multibeast 6.0.1).

I am creating my first CustoMac using the GA Z87X-D3H with an i5-4570S. I ran into the same problem with install that Dentro had. Following his suggestion on the video, I used HDMI, I was able to complete the installation.

Thanks to all! :D

Then I ran MultiBeast 6.0.1 and since I had Lan/Internet connectivity I didn't select anything under Network. I selected the Realtek ALC892 audio. After MultiBeast installed, I don't have internet, audio, and the graphics could be better.

Should I run MultiBeast again? What selections should I make?

Thanks.

Update: Successful install. Thanks, Tonymacx86 team!

Last edited:

CPU: Intel Core
i5-4670K
MB: Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
RAM: 8Gb
Display connected to DVI port on motherboard!

WARNINGs:
1. If you have display connected to VGA port on motherboard you can boot with flag PCIRootUID=1 but after system installation the second loading from a unibeast's flashcard is NOT POSSIBLE WITH CONNECTED TO VGA PORT display. Loading flags won't help. OS X HAS NO SUPPORT FOR VGA by default. Maybe OS X don't have native support VGA (i don't know). You need have to be connect display to DVI. Find an adapter with DVI->VGA or the compatible DVI display for correct booting progress. Look for your display and check for port maybe your display support DVI and you need cable DVI only. In future installations i recommend connect display to DVI or HDMI.

You need download:
1. USB Flash prepared by unibeast 3.0.1. This tonymac 10.9 guide will help to you prepear.
2. Multibeast 6.0.1

1. Just MAC.
Find the real Macintosh (Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac, etc) or virtual machine with the installed Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later.

2. Choose step 2.1 if you don't have AppleID account (not recommend) OR step 2.2 to create boot USB-Flash.
2.1. Download "Install OS X Mavericks.app" <5Gb>. Sometimes this app archived to zip or rar.
copy archive to desktop on MAC.
unarchive and copy "Install OS X Mavericks.app" to /Applications folder.
copy UniBeast - 3.0.1.pkg on desktop and follow instructions from STEP 2:Create a Bootable USB Drive Using Unibeast
2.2. Prepare bootable USB-Flash by unibeast 3.0.1 using MAC (This official tonymac 10.9 guide will help)

3. Install
4. After install OSX reboot from unibest's USB-Flash to your OSX on harddrive and run MultiBeast 6.0.1.
5. Choose QuickStart->FreeDSDT and Install.
6. Now i boot from hdd but boot0 error. (now only possible boot to hdd OSX from unibeast's USB-flash choosing osx on hdd and boot without any flags)

hey, Dentro
for you boot0 error problem

go to this link works wil fore me , other hardware, but wil work also fore you give it a try

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

I have a very similar build, but with a i7 4770k, and I follow Tobitobst's Haswell guide and it worked perfect for me. If you're up for it, give it a try and follow the same kexts and post installation installs as him. http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ts-haswell-z87x-d3h-i5-4670k-evga-gtx760.html
If it helps that is

Hello, i'm noob with hackintosh:s and have got my machine to ''work'', but really don't know what to choose in multibeast, i tried to do a dsdt free install together with the audio, bootloader and the mac certification register thing, what should i do to get the system to boot up after a restart, right now, the hackintosh stop after the spinning apple and goes to sleep, should a choose some more ''kext'' or file to get i to work

My components:

Intel core i5-4670K
GA-Z87X-D3H
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 Windforce 2GB
TP-Link TL-WDN4800
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 2x4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back