Contribute
Register

Troubles launching Mac OS X Yosemite installer, using UniBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I attached my SSD to my PC and I see 5 files... "ia.log", "index.sproudct", "MacOSXInstall.choiceChanges", "minstallconfig.xml", "OSinstallAttr.plsist"

I take it I did the installation incorrectly? xD

I've never looked at the HDD after the first stage (the "real" install hasn't happened yet). It may very well be correct. What's on the EFI partition?

I've never looked at the HDD after the first stage (the "real" install hasn't happened yet). It may very well be correct. What's on the EFI partition?

Okay so my Bios allows me to manually add a boot option, it needs to point to specific file. What is the file that boots Clover? I need to find the file, and select it so that when I add it manually it runs.

Basically my question is, what is the file that launches clover insides my USB stick

Okay so my Bios allows me to manually add a boot option, it needs to point to specific file. What is the file that boots Clover? I need to find the file, and select it so that when I add it manually it runs.

Basically my question is, what is the file that launches clover insides my USB stick

CLOVERX64.efi is Clover. It is at \EFI\Boot\BOOTX64.efi and \EFI\Clover\CLOVERX64.efi.

CLOVERX64.efi is Clover. It is at \EFI\Boot\BOOTX64.efi and \EFI\Clover\CLOVERX64.efi.

It seems to have worked! Thanks RehabMan, I'll try to see how much functionality i can get with it using kexts, and then post a tutorial for anyone else with a dell inspiron 15 3000 series. Its really handy that Dell allows you to add boot options manually!

Alrighty, I installed Mac OS X Yosemite, and the bootloader! They are both working fantastic however I am wondering if there is a way to fix a little graphical glitch. So when I start up Mac, I get a black screen with a Apple logo and loading bar, around half way some weird graphics problem happens where its all skewed.

It loads up perfectly fine regardless, and there is no actually system problem that I can see. Just curious as to how I can fix this, because it looks ugly.

I can post photo if needed.

Alrighty, I installed Mac OS X Yosemite, and the bootloader! They are both working fantastic however I am wondering if there is a way to fix a little graphical glitch. So when I start up Mac, I get a black screen with a Apple logo and loading bar, around half way some weird graphics problem happens where its all skewed.

There is useful information in the stickies: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/145308-fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.html

You will find your config.plist already has the patch in it, but it is disabled.

I managed to stumble apon the KextsToPatch bit, and I see what its saying. But how do I enabled it?

I see the Name field and then, "disabled:IOGraphicsFamily"

I hate to bother but I'm not really a genius at config.plist or xcode. What am I looking for, where it is, and how do I enable it? I see that xml stuff there but no clue how to add it or what?

Kext patches are in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch.

It will be relatively obvious if you correlate what you see there (use xcode) to what you see in the sticky note. And relatively obvious how you turn a disabled patch into one that is not disabled.

Look into it and see how you go...

Note, Clover documentation: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back