Contribute
Register

Troubles launching Mac OS X Yosemite installer, using UniBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the Guide you gave me, and the first comment under that was about "Using the OS X Installer".

I followed that down to #4, where I am stuck because my laptop isn't discovering the USB anymore after I installed OS X to my laptop. OS X during the installation wanted to restart the computer which I allowed, but because I just installed it, it doesn't have the clover boot loader. That is why I was trying to boot from the USB stick again to get into my installation.

Which method did you use to create your 'install_osx' partition? Depending on the method you used, you may need to skip to step 7. Read step 3 carefully.

Which method did you use to create your 'install_osx' partition? Depending on the method you used, you may need to skip to step 7. Read step 3 carefully.

I used create install media, method. I allowed it to check all the files, and I am perfectly fine up until the point where it says to boot into usb again, which I can't do because my laptop can't find it :p

I used create install media, method. I allowed it to check all the files, and I am perfectly fine up until the point where it says to boot into usb again, which I can't do because my laptop can't find it :p

Make sure you're pressing your BIOS hotkey to select the USB device specifically. It varies with every BIOS, so read your user manual/service manual if you don't know how to reach the BIOS boot menu (not the same as BIOS setup).

Make sure you're pressing your BIOS hotkey to select the USB device specifically. It varies with every BIOS, so read your user manual/service manual if you don't know how to reach the BIOS boot menu (not the same as BIOS setup).

I am, the problem is the USB device isn't showing up like it did before. Before there was a little USB thing you could click and it would boot into Clover. Now that I installed Mac OS X on the machine, its gone.

I am, the problem is the USB device isn't showing up like it did before. Before there was a little USB thing you could click and it would boot into Clover. Now that I installed Mac OS X on the machine, its gone.

What do you see in your BIOS boot menu?

Do you have secure boot disabled, UEFI boot enabled?

Try plugging the USB into a powered USB hub.

What do you see in your BIOS boot menu?

Do you have secure boot disabled, UEFI boot enabled?

Try plugging the USB into a powered USB hub.

Yes secure boot is disabled, UEFI is enabled. I don't have a powered USB hub laying around, I see these 3 options when attempting to boot using UEFI. "Mac OS X", Onboard NIC(IPV4), OnboardNIC(IPV6).

The Mac OS X boot option, is where I installed Mac OS X using clover. IT doesn't yet have the clover boot loader so it isn't bootable without my USB stick. Before I was able to click a option "USB External Storage" to boot, from the UEFI menu.

Yes secure boot is disabled, UEFI is enabled. I don't have a powered USB hub laying around, I see these 3 options when attempting to boot using UEFI. "Mac OS X", Onboard NIC(IPV4), OnboardNIC(IPV6).

The Mac OS X boot option, is where I installed Mac OS X using clover. IT doesn't yet have the clover boot loader so it isn't bootable without my USB stick. Before I was able to click a option "USB External Storage" to boot, from the UEFI menu.

Make sure USB boot is enabled. Also double check your BIOS options... OS X sometimes causes CMOS resets until properly patched.

I'm surprised your BIOS would somehow recognize an EFI loader on an HFS+ volume.

If all else fails, remove the HDD from the laptop and connect it to a different computer for analysis or even to install Clover to the EFI partition on the HDD.

Please fill out your profile correctly. System should be your laptop manufacturer/model. CPU should have the CPU model and the chipset. And Graphics should have both the graphics device and screen resolution.

Make sure USB boot is enabled. Also double check your BIOS options... OS X sometimes causes CMOS resets until properly patched.

I'm surprised your BIOS would somehow recognize an EFI loader on an HFS+ volume.

If all else fails, remove the HDD from the laptop and connect it to a different computer for analysis or even to install Clover to the EFI partition on the HDD.

Please fill out your profile correctly. System should be your laptop manufacturer/model. CPU should have the CPU model and the chipset. And Graphics should have both the graphics device and screen resolution.

USB Boot is enabled, did check the Bios options they are same as before. As for how my Bios recognizes EFI, I have no clue honestly!

I will remove the HHD from the laptop and connect it to my current hackintosh and try installing Clover on it.

USB Boot is enabled, did check the Bios options they are same as before. As for how my Bios recognizes EFI, I have no clue honestly!

It is probably recognizing just the empty EFI partition. Why that would make it exclude a USB UEFI device is anyone's guess. Sounds like a bug, or an issue with intermittent detection of your USB stick. I have a USB stick here (64GB USB3 by PNY) that is only recognized by BIOS when it is plugged into a powered hub (it works fine once in Windows or OS X). And I have a different stick (16GB USB3 by Sandisk) that is recognized by BIOS in the same port without the hub...

It is probably recognizing just the empty EFI partition. Why that would make it exclude a USB UEFI device is anyone's guess. Sounds like a bug, or an issue with intermittent detection of your USB stick. I have a USB stick here (64GB USB3 by PNY) that is only recognized by BIOS when it is plugged into a powered hub (it works fine once in Windows or OS X). And I have a different stick (16GB USB3 by Sandisk) that is recognized by BIOS in the same port without the hub...

So I attached my SSD to my PC and I see 5 files... "ia.log", "index.sproudct", "MacOSXInstall.choiceChanges", "minstallconfig.xml", "OSinstallAttr.plsist"

I take it I did the installation incorrectly? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back