Contribute
Register

Trouble with USB on ProBook 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you look in Kext Wizard if you have the BTFirmwareUploader.kext loaded?
I have the same problems as you if I don't have this kext installed. Changing it for IOath3kfrmwr.kext doesn't help.
Also, could you please upload a screenshot of your System Information - Hardware - Bluetooth?

Screen Shot 2014-11-16 at 12.30.39 AM.png

I don't have BTFirmwareUploader.kext loaded. It isn't in s/l/e or efi/clover/kexts either. Where can i find it?

View attachment 113893

I don't have BTFirmwareUploader.kext loaded. It isn't in s/l/e or efi/clover/kexts either. Where can i find it?

That's weird... The latest version of ProBook Installer CE should install that for you in /S/L/E.
You can try rerunning the ProBook Installer or downloading it from the source and installing manually. Search Google, it's on another OS X forum so I can't post links.

Also, what BT card do you have?

Ok its an optional selection in the installer. Installed and solved the problem. Thank you

I have Atheros 9285 combo card

That's weird... The latest version of ProBook Installer CE should install that for you in /S/L/E.
You can try rerunning the ProBook Installer or downloading it from the source and installing manually. Search Google, it's on another OS X forum so I can't post links.

Also, what BT card do you have?

I made that driver optional, you have to select it in "Misc Optional Fixes"

I made that driver optional, you have to select it in "Misc Optional Fixes"

It turns out that it was a lack of BTFirmwareUploader.kext that was causing the problem. After installing that kext, everything that was on the same internal USB hub as the Bluetooth USB Host Controller (3 of 4 USB ports and internal webcam) started working properly.

Thanks for the help.

-bth

It turns out that it was a lack of BTFirmwareUploader.txt that was causing the problem. After installing that kext, everything that was on the same internal USB hub as the Bluetooth USB Host Controller (3 of 4 USB ports and internal webcam) started working properly.

Thanks for the help.

-bth

Just curious... do you have the "30 second BT patch" enabled in config.plist?

I'm just wondering if stock BT kexts cause problems on the USB bus when a BT chip is uninitialized with firmware, or if its a combo between that and the 30 sec patch.

Just curious... do you have the "30 second BT patch" enabled in config.plist?

I'm just wondering if stock BT kexts cause problems on the USB bus when a BT chip is uninitialized with firmware, or if its a combo between that and the 30 sec patch.

Looks like I do. I assume you are referring to this:

Code:
         <dict>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AAAAD4UHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AAAAD4QHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Fix Bluetooth 30 seconds delay 10.9</string>
       </dict>

-bth

Looks like I do. I assume you are referring to this:

Code:
         <dict>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AAAAD4UHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AAAAD4QHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Fix Bluetooth 30 seconds delay 10.9</string>
       </dict>

-bth

I know you've got your problem solved already, but it would be interesting to know whether it is the absence of BTFirmwareUploader.kext that causes USB instability or the *combination* of the absense of BTFirmwareUploader.kext and the "30 sec fix".

I know you've got your problem solved already, but it would be interesting to know whether it is the absence of BTFirmwareUploader.kext that causes USB instability or the *combination* of the absense of BTFirmwareUploader.kext and the "30 sec fix".

I just tried and the 30 sec fix doesn't matter, with or without it applied USB is still unstable. I think the problem is that when the BT firmware isn't available, the IOBluetoothHostControllerTransport tries to load Bluetooth every 5 seconds and after each unsuccessful try it resets it, sending all USB devices on the same hub to hell with it. See the attached Console log showing two repetitions of the problem (BTFirmwareUploader missing, 30 sec fix off). My USB mouse didn't work exactly during the BT reset phase (23:34:33, 23:34:39).

I'll try to change BTFirmwareUploader for IOath3kfrmwr and see what happens, although I think I tried last week and the problems were still there. Does IOath3kfrmwr have to be installed in /S/L/E, or is EFI/Clover/kexts enough?

Attachments

• Bluetooth.log
    9.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back