1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Motherboard: GA-Z77x-UP5-TH
CPU: i7-3770K
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 680
I have two hard drives with Clover and OS X installed on them. A main installation that I use, and a dummy that I experiment with.
I just discovered that, for the last year or more, Clover has been loading from the dummy drive and auto-booting to my main drive.
It works, I can usually boot without incident, but I suspect that it's causing some trouble when I try to update OS X or config.plist. I'm looking for a way to make Clover boot from Main instead of the Dummy drive.

Here's what I've done so far to convince my machine to load Clover from my Main drive.
*Confirmed I was booting from Dummy through Clover's boot logs.
*Removed Dummy from "Boot Priorities" list in UEFI settings
*Confirmed that Clover loads from Main and boots OS X when I choose Main from the UEFI boot list (F12)
*Booted to Dummy and used System Preferences to select Main as the boot volume
*removed nvram.plist from EFI partition on Dummy
*set default boot volume in config.plist on Main and Dummy to "Main"

Here's what I haven't done yet:
^unplug Dummy
^purge excess boot entries
^clear nvram through Terminal
^delete files from EFI partition on Dummy
^fixed it

I'll be grateful for more ideas.

Try booting your main OS X, open terminal and type diskutil list to ID your drives.
Install Clover, making sure you select the correct main drive for the installation. Select a different theme for the Clover so you can tell for sure which Clover is booting. Reboot to UEFI/BIOS and make sure the first drive in boot order is your main OS drive. Save&Exit and continue boot.
If the correct Clover theme comes up you have fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back