Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I was wondering, are triple monitors supported? Or is it not working because I'm using a gtx 670?
I got two monitors working, with the correct res, but the third goes black.

I have never seen user with an nVidia card and three monitors, so... :shifty:

Three monitors work great with the Apple Radeon 5870, Running two 30" and one 27" displays without problem. Of course, the card is grossly overpriced new. Pulled it from my dying real Mac Pro.

Mate94 said:
rackosb said:
Mate94 said:
I have never seen user with an nVidia card and three monitors, so... :shifty:
Very helpful, thanks lol
Let me introduce myself! I'm Josh. I'm a user with a gtx 670 and three monitors. Here is my desk.
http://i.imgur.com/JBcD9.jpg
On Mac OS X.... :wave:
I figured as much ;P
Anyways, I hope support does come. Maybe with the official drivers and ML? (or .5?)

rackosb said:
I figured as much ;P
Anyways, I hope support does come. Maybe with the official drivers and ML? (or .5?)

I know the Retina MBP (nVidia 650M) can run at least 3 external monitors in addition to the built in display.

http://blog.macsales.com/14241-macbook- ... l-displays

The 6XX cards can drive 4 under windows, which is consistent with that. So it SHOULD be able to.

I certainly hope so, since I bought one for that.

ggeorge said:
rackosb said:
I figured as much ;P

I know the Retina MBP (nVidia 650M) can run at least 3 external monitors in addition to the built in display.

http://blog.macsales.com/14241-macbook- ... l-displays

The 6XX cards can drive 4 under windows, which is consistent with that. So it SHOULD be able to.

I certainly hope so, since I bought one for that.
Please don't compare mobile versions of a GPU with a desktop version. :rolleyes:

What connectors are you using for each display?

Mate94 said:
Please don't compare mobile versions of a GPU with a desktop version. :rolleyes:

"So it SHOULD be able to."

The 650M is a Kepler architecture chip, just like the 680/670. The 650M is not a rebranded 5xxM or 4xxM or 2xxM chip.

Previous nVidia chips were incapable of driving more than two monitors per GPU (thus a dual GPU card could drive 4) regardless of how many ports the card had. So the fact that the Retna MBP can drive a total of 4 screens, is a strong indication that a desktop 6xx card should be able to under OSX. Especially when you consider that ML and 10.7.5 have native support for the 6xx cards.

I'm well aware of the fact that mobile and desktop GPU chips are very different things, but GPU chips for a desktop graphics card are generally more capable than the mobile "versions" (typically "versions" in name only), not less. But the mobile "version" do at least tend to have similar performance levels relative to the other mobile chips in the line up. X80 > X70 > X60 > X50, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back