GeForce GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I'm planning on building a Hackintosh with a triple screen setup. My goal was to use a GeForce GTX 660 Ti and use both of its DVI ports (one with Dual Link). I've heard somewhere that you can only use two monitors simultaneously in OS X, is that true?

Hello,

I'm planning on building a Hackintosh with a triple screen setup. My goal was to use a GeForce GTX 660 Ti and use both of its DVI ports (one with Dual Link). I've heard somewhere that you can only use two monitors simultaneously in OS X, is that true?

Depends on the card. Nvidia GT640 can only drive two monitors, and the GTX650 is able to handle three monitors (two via DVI and the third via HDMI). I have these cards and it is proven and confirmed.

My guess is that the GTX660 Ti is also able to handle three displays, but I can't confirm since I don't have that card.

Maybe someone else can confirm. By the way, good luck !

I have the Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 and am able to run 4 monitors. Don't know about your card, but it is most definitely possible on OS X. I'm sure if I had my HD3000 configured correctly I could run two more. OS X certainly would not be the thing that would prevent it. The compatibility of the card is what determines how many you can run. Oh, and of course the card's specifications

Depends on the card. Nvidia GT640 can only drive two monitors, and the GTX650 is able to handle three monitors (two via DVI and the third via HDMI). I have these cards and it is proven and confirmed.

My guess is that the GTX660 Ti is also able to handle three displays, but I can't confirm since I don't have that card.

I'm running 6 monitors on 2 gt640s with the new nvidia drivers

Hi Ultrazone,

You stated that the GTX650 is able to handle three monitors (two via DVI and the third via HDMI). Could you please confirm if this is also the case with Mavericks (10.9.5)?
I'm building a DAW and really need a triple monitor setup, but I'm going a bit crazy figuring out what card will work. Any other recommendations are also very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

tmtmtm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back