Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, I am trying to tripleboot Mac OS X Yosemite,Ubuntu and Windows..
I have 2 hard drives one 230GB and another 70 GB.
I want to install Ubuntu and Mac on the 70GB and Windows on the 230GB but I want that when I boot the computer I get three options and it should be Mac's bootloader so I can customize it.
What to do?
PLLLEASE HELP!

So, I am trying to tripleboot Mac OS X Yosemite,Ubuntu and Windows..
I have 2 hard drives one 230GB and another 70 GB.
I want to install Ubuntu and Mac on the 70GB and Windows on the 230GB but I want that when I boot the computer I get three options and it should be Mac's bootloader so I can customize it.
What to do?
PLLLEASE HELP!
Hardware you want to install it on? Please follow the Rules and put your mainboard, board rev, BIOS rev, CPU and GPU in your profile and/or a sig. You can use mine as a go-by.

As for installing, connect only the Windows HDD. Boot to BIOS and make all settings required for installing OS X. These depend a lot on what hardware you have.
One thing you want to do is set CSM to enabled and then set everything under it to Legacy only if installing on an 8 or 9 series board. Or, you can hit the Function hotkey to select a boot device and select the NonUEFI USB or DVD. Install Windows, update it and install a Security suite.

For installing OS X and Linux, disconnect the Windows drive and connect the 70GB drive. Format the drive GUID partition tables with at least 2 partitions, size your choice, and format the first partition OS X Extended (Journaled); format the second as free space.

Install OS X.

Boot the Linux install media and choose "something else". Create a root partition ( / ) format it, and install Grub2 to that partition.

When you are done, shut down, connect the Windows drive and boot to BIOS.
Make the OS X drive first in HDD BBS boot order. This should make it possible to boot all 3 OS's. Remember that the Windows System Reserved partition is the one that boots Windows, not the NTFS.

WOW! Thanks for the quick reply!
So you mean to make all 3 boot together in one menu and in the mac bootloader I just have to change the boot order?
Oh yeah and specs are:
CPU: Core i3 2.9ghz
GPU:GTS 240
RAM:4 GB

WOW! Thanks for the quick reply!
So you mean to make all 3 boot together in one menu and in the mac bootloader I just have to change the boot order?
Oh yeah and specs are:
CPU: Core i3 2.9ghz
GPU:GTS 240
RAM:4 GB
Yes, you will be able to use the one menu in the Chimera screen. You leave the boot order in BIOS set to boot the OS X drive first. Once that is set there is no reason to change it.

Specs are inadequate for any troubleshooting. You need to list:

board make/model/rev/BIOS version - i.e. GA-X99-UD3 Rev.1 BIOS F5
CPU model - i.e. i7 4960K (not needed to list clock speed unless you want to brag about high OC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back