Contribute
Register

Triple Boot: Ubuntu does not appear in Clover list

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told you that I found grubx64.efi in EFI/Ubuntu but when I put Ubuntu file in EFI I can not boot (no bootable device)

But did you look at your Clover bootlog?

Again...
If you need help, attach problem reporting files as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, no expectation that Clover will boot Ubuntu if you delete EFI/Ubuntu (why would you expect otherwise?).

If you're not reaching Clover, it is because you didn't set priority to Clover.
Read post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, no expectation that Clover will boot Ubuntu if you delete EFI/Ubuntu (why would you expect otherwise?).
I delete it because I do not boot to Mac or windows if I put Ubuntu in EFI folder "no bootable device", did you understand me?

I delete it because I do not boot to Mac or windows if I put Ubuntu in EFI folder "no bootable device", did you understand me?

Read what I wrote previously.
You must set a UEFI entry for Clover and give it priority with efibootmgr in Linux.
It is in post #2 of the main Clover guide.
Always read carefully.

Read what I wrote previously.
You must set a UEFI entry for Clover and give it priority with efibootmgr in Linux.
It is in post #2 of the main Clover guide.
Always read carefully.
I found this:
You can also use 'efibootmgr' in Linux to add a Clover entry and fix the boot order.
(Linux is free. Ubuntu can be run directly from a USB without installing)
Code (Text):

# add Clover entry
sudo efibootmgr -c -L "Clover UEFI" -l "\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI"

Note: I used Ubuntu. Some have reported problems with efibootmgr in other Linux distros.
is that what you mean? and do I do this in Ubuntu?

I found this:
You can also use 'efibootmgr' in Linux to add a Clover entry and fix the boot order.
(Linux is free. Ubuntu can be run directly from a USB without installing)
Code (Text):

# add Clover entry
sudo efibootmgr -c -L "Clover UEFI" -l "\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI"

Note: I used Ubuntu. Some have reported problems with efibootmgr in other Linux distros.
is that what you mean? and do I do this in Ubuntu?

I use Ubuntu (booted from a USB) to use efibootmgr.
I have not had any issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back